Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud
|Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud|
|Governor of Riyadh Province|
|In office||14 May 2014 – 29 January 2015|
|Predecessor||Khalid bin Bandar Al Saud|
|Successor||Faisal bin Bandar Al Saud|
|Deputy Governor of Riyadh Province|
|In office||14 February 2013 – 14 May 2014|
|Predecessor||Muhammad bin Saad|
|Born||21 October 1971|
|Spouse||Hala bint Khalid bin Sultan Al Saud|
|Issue||Abdulaziz bin Turki|
|House||House of Saud|
Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud (born 21 October 1971) is a member of the House of Saud. He served as deputy governor of Riyadh Province from 2013 to 2014 and as governor of Riyadh Province from 14 May 2014 to 29 January 2015.
Early life and education
Prince Turki began his higher education at King Faisal Air College. Then he went to the United States to continue his education, and graduated from Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. He was also trained at King Fahd Air Base in Taif. Then he attended a course of command and staff at Joint Command College in the United Kingdom and received a master's degree in military science. He also holds a master's degree in strategic studies, which he obtained from the University of Wales. Prince Turki is a PhD candidate in international strategic studies at the University of Leeds.
Turki bin Abdullah was a military officer and a jet pilot at the Royal Saudi Air Force. In October 1997, he was promoted to the rank of captain pilot. Then he was promoted to the rank of colonel. In July 2006, Prince Turki was decorated with the rank of lieutenant colonel pilot. Then Prince Turki worked at King Abdulaziz Air Base in Dhahran as the commander of Squadron 92, 3rd air wing with a rank of group captain. In 2010, Prince Turki served as the commander of the ‘Red Flag-4’ exercise group.
He was appointed deputy governor of the Riyadh province on 14 February 2013, replacing Muhammad bin Saad in the post. Therefore, Prince Turki became deputy of the governor, Khalid bin Bandar, who was also appointed the same day. On 14 May 2014, he was appointed governor of Riyadh at rank of minister. Prince Turki's term as governor ended on 29 January 2015 when Faisal bin Bandar Al Saud was appointed to the post.
Prince Turki is an active member of King Abdulaziz Foundation, as well as Prince Muhammed bin Abdulaziz Hospital in Riyadh. He assisted in the "intellectual security" inauguration ceremony alongside the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice.
A street called after Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud's name exists in the Sulaimania area of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- "The House of Saud - A view of the Modern Saudi Dynasty". PBS. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "New Emir of Riyadh a decorated military officer". Saudi Gazette. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "King Appoints New Governor of Riyadh". Riyadh Bureau. SPA. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Saudi king names Prince Khalid bin Bandar as new Riyadh governor". Middle East Online. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Art tickets, Deputy Governor of the capital". Aleqt. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Prince Turki bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz's Biography" (Press Release (SPA)). Riyadh Principality. 16 February 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Abdulateef Al Mulhim (29 June 2012). "Fighter Jets and Sword Dances". Arab News. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Arrives in Jeddah Coming from abroad". Al Riyadh. Jeddah. SPA. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "The King Decorates Prince Turki Bin Abdullah With New Rank". Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 July 2006. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "‘Red Flag-4’ exercise". Saudi Gazette. 17 July 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "SaudiEquestrian Board of directors". Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "King Honors Saudi Knights for London Olympiad achievements". Al Riyadh.com. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Sharaf Sabri (2001). The House of Saud in Commerce: A Study of Royal Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia. Sharaf Sabri. p. 97. ISBN 978-81-901254-0-6. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Saudi king named Khalid bin Bandar a new governor of Riyadh". Al Arabiya. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Prince Khalid bin Bandar Named Governor of Riyadh". US-Saudi Arabian Business Council. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Fahd Al Ziabi (15 February 2013). "New Riyadh Governor: Prince Khalid bin Bandar". Asharq Alawsat. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Saudi king appoints son as Riyadh Province governor". Arabian Business. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "King Salman makes appointments". Royal Embassy, Washington DC. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Exclusive Interview: Prince Turki says metro to change face of Riyadh". Arab News. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "New $22.5B Riyadh Metro Project Unveiled in Saudi Arabia". PM World Journal. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Riyadh Metro project unveiled". Riyadh Metro. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "محاضرة "رسائل أئمة الدولة السعودية" بحضور تركي بن عبدالله.. اليوم". Al Sharq Al Awsat. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Second Deputy Prime Minister Inaugurates Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Hospital in Riyadh". Ministry of Health. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "محاضرة "رسائل أئمة الدولة السعودية" بحضور تركي بن عبدالله. أمير الرياض: الأمن الفكري مطلب مهم لاستقرار الشعوب والمجتمعات الإسلامية". Al Riyadh. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Prince Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud Street - Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Talal Kapoor (13 February 2010). "A Princely Rivalry: Clash Of The Titans?". Datarabia. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "جريدة الرياض: زواج الأمير تركي بن عبدالله من كريمة الأمير خالد بن سلطان". Al Riyadh. 14 January 2010. Retrieved 14 February 2013.