Turkish Chess Federation
Mediterranean Chess Association
The Turkish Chess Federation (Turkish: Türkiye Satranç Federasyonu, TSF) is the governing chess organization within Turkey. The TSF was founded in 1954, and became a member of the FIDE in 1962. The federation was integrated into the General Directorate of Youth and Sports in 1991, gaining its official nationwide recognition. As of 2012, the president of the federation is Gülkız Tulay.
The TSF is also member of the Mediterranean Chess Association.
The federation organizes the following chess competitions:
- Türkiye İş Bankası Chess League
- Turkish Chess Championship
- Turkish Women's Chess Championship
- Turkish Cadets' Chess Championship
- Turkish Children's Chess Championship
- Turkish Chess Clubs Championship
- 34th Chess Olympiad (October 28-November 12, 2000) in Istanbul
- Women's World Chess Championship (December 2–25, 2010) in Hatay
- 40th Chess Olympiad (August 27-September 10, 2012) in Istanbul
|This article about sports in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This chess-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|