Turkish Industry and Business Association
Founded in 1971, TÜSİAD is a voluntary, independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting public welfare through private enterprise. TÜSİAD promotes principles of participatory democracy, a competitive market economy, environmental sustainability, and universal freedoms and human rights. The Association supports independent research and policy discussions on important social and economic issues in Turkey and abroad. Much like the U.S. Business Roundtable, TÜSİAD is composed of CEOs and executives from major industrial and service companies in Turkey, including Fortune 500 companies.
TÜSİAD represents more than 4,000 member companies which represent half of the Turkey's value-added; 80% of Turkey’s total foreign trade volume; more than 50% of private sector employment; and 80% of corporate tax revenue.
TÜSİAD headquarters are in Istanbul and there are seven representative offices: Ankara, Brussels, Washington, D.C., Paris, Berlin, Beijing and London.
TÜSİAD's activities are structured around round tables led by members of the board of directors and 36 working groups.
TÜSİAD is a member of the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD (BIAC), B20 Coalition, and BusinessEurope.
In June 2016, TÜSİAD released a statement criticizing a proposed law which would enhance the government’s authority to appoint boards of trustees to companies.The controversial article was later removed from the law.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has criticized TÜSİAD on multiple occasions. In April 2015, Erdoğan was critical of comments made about the Turkish economy. In December 2014, Erdoğan criticized the organization for apparently side-stepping his office after then TÜSİAD President Haluk Dinçer explained the organization works with the prime minister and ministers whose business is related to the organization’s efforts, not the president.
- 1971–1979 Feyyaz Berker
- 1980–1984 Ali Koçman
- 1985 Şahap Kocatopçu
- 1986 Sakıp Sabancı
- 1987–1988 Ömer Dinçkök
- 1989–1990 Cem Boyner
- 1991–1992 Bülent Eczacıbaşı
- 1993–1996 Halis Komili
- 1997–1998 Muharrem Kayhan
- 1999–2000 Erkut Yücaoğlu
- 2001–2003 Tuncay Özilhan
- 2004–2006 Ömer Sabancı
- 2007–2009 Arzuhan Doğan Yalçındağ
- 2010–2013 Ümit Nazlı Boyner
- 2013–2014 Muharrem Yılmaz
- 2014–present Cansen Başaran–Symes
- "İşbirlikleri". tusiad.org. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Our Members".
- "Members' Profiles | B20 Coalition". www.b20coalition.org. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Members of BusinessEurope".
- "Kayyum düzenlemesi değiştirildi". Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Turkish President Erdoğan slams TÜSİAD chairwoman over economy remarks - BUSINESS". Hürriyet Daily News | LEADING NEWS SOURCE FOR TURKEY AND THE REGION. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "TÜSİAD'a muhatap resti". Hürriyet. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
|This article about an organisation in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|