|Turkish Stars |
Turkish Air Force aerobatic demonstration team
|Active||November 7, 1992|
|Branch||Turkish Air Force|
|Role||Aerobatic demonstration Team|
|Size||10 Pilots, 7 Public affairs, 11 Maintenance personnel|
|Garrison/HQ||Konya Air Base|
|Motto(s)||A perfect harmony of skill, speed and discipline...|
|Major Esra Ozatay|
|Fighter||10 NF-5A Freedom Fighter|
2 NF-5B Freedom Fighter
|Transport||1 C-130 |
1 CASA/IPTN CN-235
The team was formed on November 7, 1992 and was named the Turkish Stars on January 11, 1993.
Turkish Stars fly with eight Canadair NF-5 fighter planes obtained from the Royal Netherlands Air Force, making them the only aerobatics team with formations of eight supersonic aircraft and one of few national aerobatics teams to fly supersonic aircraft. Twelve NF-5 fighter planes are available to the team. The team uses CASA/IPTN CN-235, C-130 and C-160 support aircraft in Turkish Stars colours. The team is stationed at the Konya Air Base of 3rd Main Jet Base Group Command.
On 13 March 2012, one of the team's NF-5 fighter planes crashed during a training session in Konya Province 2 km (1.2 mi) from the airbase where the team is stationed. Pilot Flight lieutenant Ümit Özer, who had joined the Turkish Stars shortly before, died in the crash.
- Hv. K. K. Mebs (19 May 2011). "About the NF-5 Aircraft – Türk Yıldızları". Turkyildizlari.tsk.tr. Archived from the original on 27 November 2015. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- https://www.turkyildizlari.tsk.tr/en-us/Pilots-Personnel/Pilots Turkish Stars
- Yıldız, Mehmet Kayhan % Hasan Dönmez & Hakan Kaya (2012-03-13). "Uçak düştükten hemen sonra çekildi". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2012-03-13.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Turkish Stars.|
- Turkish Stars website
- Virtual Turkish Stars website
- Turkish Stars at Bucharest International Air Show 2018
|This aviation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|