Turkish think tanks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Turkish think tanks are relatively new. Many of them are sister organizations of a political party or a company. University think tanks are not typical.
- 21st Century Turkey Institute; based in Ankara, undertakes research and projects on a large scale; from Turkish Foreign Policy to regional politics and geostrategy. [www.21yyte.org]
- 3H Movement is a liberal think tank and a young organization centered in Istanbul.
- Ankara Strategy Institute  is an Ankara based independent think-tank organization established in 2011. It is distinguished from other think-tank organizations in Turkey with its analysts being all academicians.
- Association for Liberal Thinking is a libertarian think-tank centered in Ankara.
- Bahcesehir University Center for Economic and Social Research (Betam) was founded with the goal of establishing a tradition rooted in scientific research, and of becoming a universally accepted research platform. Betam consists of two main units. In the Economic Research Unit, it focuses on the research and development of economic policy in Turkey and abroad from a comparative perspective. In the Social Sciences Research Unit, it concentrates on the cultural, social and political structure of Turkey and its international relations.
- Center For Alternative Policies or Alternatif Politikalar Merkezi (APM-CAP). Based in Ankara / TURKEY Undertakes research and projects on economic and foreign policy and good governance.
- Center for Eurasian Strategic Studies or Avrasya Stratejik Araştırmalar Merkezi (ASAM). The first known think-tank in Turkey. It has close ties to Turkish diplomacy, and it is the parent organisation of the Institute for Armenian Research (EREN).
- Centre For Policy and Research On Turkey (Research Turkey) Established in 2012 in London, United Kingdom. www.researchturkey.org
- Center for Turkey's Economic and Strategic Studies (TESAM) is an independent think tank, established in 2008. Undertakes research and projects on Turkey's history, international relations, strategy and foreign policy as well as economic and cultural issues.
- Education Reform Initiative (ERI) was launched within Sabancı University in 2003 with the aim of improving education policy and decision-making through research, advocacy, and training. ERI mobilizes a wide range of stakeholders in participatory education policy processes in pursuit of its mission of “quality education for all.”  Education Reform Initiative was ranked in The 2013 Global Go To Think Tank Index. See the result: 
- Foreign Policy Institute 
- Global Political Trends Center also known as GPoT Center is a liberal research unit at Istanbul Kultur University.
- Institute for Armenian Research or Ermeni Araştırmaları Enstitüsü (EREN). Privately funded organization, created by the Center for Eurasian Strategic Studies (ASAM).
- International Cultural Research Center (UKAM). Based in Istanbul, is a liberal think-tank specializing in conducting research on cultural and ethnic rights and politics. http://www.ukam.org/
- International Strategic Research Organization (USAK) is an Ankara-based liberal think tank, established in 2004. An umbrella organization with 9 research centers, it has close ties with Turkish diplomacy, military and political circles. It is sponsored by the business world and member donations.
- S.E.S.A.R. (Turkish: Siyasi, Ekonomik, Sosyal Araştırmalar ve Strateji Geliştirme Merkezi). Implicated in the Ergenekon investigation, with its chief, İsmail Yıldız, jailed.
- SETAM - Center for Strategic Economic Social Research Established in 2010.
- S.E.T.A. Established in 2006. Close to the government. Conservative.
- Strategic Outlook Konya based think tank. Established in 2011.
- Turkish Asian Center for Strategic Studies (TACSS) 
- T.A.S.A.M. is Istanbul-centred and nationalist.
- Turkish Economic and Social Studies Foundation (T.E.S.E.V.) is a liberal research centre in Istanbul. Close to the business circles, yet less effective in political circles.
- Economic Policy Research Foundation of Turkey (TEPAV) is a liberal research centre based in Ankara. Close to business circles, particularly chambers of commerce. Undertakes research and projects on economic and foreign policy and good governance.
- T.U.R.A.N.S.A.M. is Konya centred. Established in 2007, it is Rightist nationalist, defends Turkish Nationalism and TURANIAN Ideological Holy Union of World Turks'. Close to the military and National Action Party's ideologies. Radical Islamic and Turkish Nationalist Think-Thank Organisation, NGO, Thought Producer Organisation. Founder President is Dr. Elnur Hasan MIKAIL (Ph. D. in History), he's also an Expert in an International Relations with the M. Sc. Degree in IR branch, born in old Sovietski street-Yasamal, Baku city, Republic of Azerbaijan. He immigrated to Turkey when he was 18 years old and since that date he lives in Turkey. He's a writer of 4 scientific books one of them written in English. - TURAN-CSR : TURAN Center for Strategical Researches, Konya based, nationalist Turkish Think-Thank org.
- Turkish Centre for International Relations & Strategic Analysis (TURKSAM). Ankara-centred nationalist think tank, established in 2004. Close to the military and Nationalist Action Party circles.
- T.U.S.A.M. is Ankara-centred. Leftist nationalist. Close to the ultra-nationalist military circles.
- USTAD - International Strategic Analysis and Research Center Mardin-centred democratic-liberal think tank, established in 2011.
- Wise Men Center for Strategic Studies (BİLGESAM) Established in 2008, the Wise Men Center for Strategic Studies (BILGESAM) is one of the leading think tanks in Turkey. As a non-profit, non-partisan organization BILGESAM operates under the guidance of a group of well-respected academics from different disciplines, retired military generals and diplomats; and aims to contribute regional and global peace and prosperity. Closely following the domestic and international developments, BİLGESAM conducts research on Turkey's domestic problems, foreign policy and security strategies, and the developments in neighboring regions to provide the Turkish decision-makers with practical policy recommendations and policy options.
- "Turkey's think tank scene," Turkish Daily News Dec 27, 2005.
- Ersan Sabah, Hasan (2008-08-12). "Kürtçe yemin emri Öcalan'dan gelmiş". Sabah (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Read a sample paper in English from the Ergenekon case: "The role of the 'state' in international relations," file 320, addenda to the Ergenekon indictment, pg. 265-284.
- "Turkish Economic and Social Studies Foundation". Turkey - now. Turkish- U.S. Business Council. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Arin, Kubilay Yado Turkish Think Tanks, the AKP’s Policy Network from Neo-Gramscian and Neo-Ottoman Angles. Portland State University, Center for Turkish Studies, Occasional Paper Series, June 2015. https://www.academia.edu/13111339/Turkish_Think_Tanks_the_AKP_s_Policy_Network_from_Neo-Gramscian_and_Neo-Ottoman_Angles
- Arestakes Simavoryan STRATEGIC RESEARCH CENTERS IN TURKEY http://noravank.am/eng/articles/detail.php/?ELEMENT_ID=13610
- EZER, Salim (2010-08-25). "Think Tank nedir ne işe yarar?". Retrieved 2010-08-25.