From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Turkmen, Turkoman, or turkmen in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Turkmen or Turkoman or Turkman may refer to:
- Turkmenistan, in Central Asia (referring to something of, from, or related to that country)
Ethnic Turkmens fall into two distinct groups; confusingly, both of these are sometimes called both "Turkmen" and "Turcoman/men". Both are part of the wider grouping of Oghuz Turks.
- Oghuz Turks, a large branch of Turkic peoples, historically Muslim nomadic Oghuz Turks (in the 10th–18th centuries)
- Eastern or Central Asian/Iranian group:
- Turkmens, a Turkic people located primarily in Central Asia, in Turkmenistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan, and in the North Caucasus
- Iranian Turkmen, an ethnic minority of Oghuz Turkish descent living in Iran
- Western group
- Iraqi Turkmen, an ethnic minority living in northern Iraq
- Syrian Turkmen, an ethnic minority of Oghuz Turkish descent living in Syria
- Yörüks, a semi-nomadic group in Anatolia often referred to as Turkmen in Turkey
- Karapapaks or Terekeme, an ethnic minority living in Turkey, Iran and the South Caucasus
- Torkaman (film), a 1974 Iranian film
- Turkoman horse, or Turkmene, an extinct breed of horse from Turkmenistan
- Turkoman (horse) (born 1982), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Hybrid camel, sometimes called a Turkoman
- Turkestan Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic
- List of Turkic dynasties and countries
- Türkmen (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Turkmen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.