Turlock Lake State Recreation Area
The park is in the San Joaquin Valley foothills at 250 feet (76 m) in elevation, on the south side of the Tuolumne River and along the north shore of Turlock Lake. It is part of the California State Parks system.
The recreation area features Turlock Lake with its 26 miles (42 km) of shoreline and the surrounding foothill country leased from the Turlock Irrigation District in 1950.
Recreation activities in the park include fishing, swimming, boating, and water skiing in Turlock Lake; picnicking; birdwatching; bicycling; hiking; and camping. There are also boat launch ramps. The day use areas are open from 8:00 AM to sunset.
There is a $12 day use fee to enter Turlock Lake State Recreation Area.
- Nearby state parks
- Great Valley Grasslands State Park
- George J. Hatfield State Recreation Area
- McConnell State Recreation Area
- Parks.ca.gov: official Turlock Lake State Recreation Area website
- Parks.ca.gov: Turlock Lake State Recreation Area Brochure — maps, history, and natural features
- The Four Rivers Association — funds and supports educational and resource projects and programs in San Joaquin Valley state parks