Turnberry Ocean Club Residences
Turnberry Ocean Club Residences is a residential tower planned for Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. The building broke ground in fall of 2016. It will be 649 feet tall with 54 stories and will have 154 three to six bedroom residences.
The project is designed by architects Carlos Zapata and Robert Swedroe Architecture, and developed by Turnberry Associates. Carlos Zapata is a Venezuelan-born architect, known for his work on Soldier Field in Chicago. Robert Swedroe worked for 12 years as a senior design architect for Morris Lapidus, the architect behind Miami’s Fontainebleau Hotel.
Turnberry Associates is a development and property management company based in Aventura, Florida, started by real estate developer Donald Soffer. The company's residential, hospitality, retail and commercial projects are valued at more than $8 billion. Other projects include Aventura Mall, Fontainebleau Hotel, Turnberry Isle Miami Resort and Country Club, and The Signature at MGM Grand.
The ground breaking commenced on November 15, 2016. The event gathered Turnberry key players including developer Jeffrey Soffer, who spoke about the development's vision and its future.
- "Simply Abu Dhabi Magazine XIX". simplyabudhabi.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "WFOR CBS 9-23-15 Turnberry Ocean Club on Vimeo". vimeo.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Sunny Isles Beach | Turnberry Associates | Carlos Zapata | Turnberry Ocean Club". therealdeal.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Turnberry in Sunny Isles Beach Is More Than Meets The Eye". inman.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Revolutionizing the Living, Working, Leisure and Shopping Habits of Millions of People - JetsetMag.com". jetsetmag.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.