From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up turnpike in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Turnpike may refer to:
- Turnpike, another term for a toll road and historically the term for a toll gate or barrier
- Turnpike trusts, bodies set up by act of Parliament, with powers to collect road tolls for maintaining the principal highways during the 18th and 19th centuries
- Turnpike Lane (London), a street in Haringey, North London, England
- Connecticut Turnpike, a toll road in Connecticut, United States
- Delaware Turnpike, a toll road in Delaware, United States
- Florida's Turnpike, a toll road in Florida, United States
- Maine Turnpike, a toll road in Maine, United States
- Massachusetts Turnpike, a toll road in Massachusetts, United States
- New Hampshire Turnpike, a toll road in New Hampshire, United States
- New Jersey Turnpike, a toll road in New Jersey, United States
- Ohio Turnpike, a toll road in Ohio, United States
- Turnpikes of Oklahoma, a turnpike system in Oklahoma, United States
- Pennsylvania Turnpike, a toll road in Pennsylvania, United States
- West Virginia Turnpike, a toll road in West Virginia, United States
It may also refer to
- Indiana East-West Toll Road, a toll road in Indiana, United States, often called "the Indiana Turnpike"
- Kentucky Turnpike, a former toll road in Kentucky, United States
- Turnpike Stadium, the former name of Arlington Stadium in Arlington, Texas, United States
- Turnpike Esker, name of a Mi'kmaw portage trail in Digby County, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Turnpike (software), an Internet software suite for Microsoft Windows
- Turnpike Glow, an indie pop band in London, England
- Turnpike Troubadours, a country band from Oklahoma, United States.
In canoeing in Nova Scotia
- Turnpike, a colloquialism for portage trail running along the raised, relatively bare surface of an esker.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Turnpike.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.