The Turoe stone is a granite stone decorated in a Celtic style located in the village of Bullaun, County Galway, Ireland, 6 km north of Loughrea off the R350 regional road. It probably dates to about the period 100 BC to 100 AD. The stone is now positioned in a covered protective structure on the lawn in front of Turoe House, set in a concrete base surrounded by a metal cattle grill. The Turoe stone is National Monument of Ireland Nr. 327 (NM#327) 
It was for centuries a curiosity at a lios, or fairy fort, some 3 km from Bullaun, but was moved to the present location at Turoe Farm, in the late 19th century. It was probably saved from vandalism or worse, but the historic provenance has been destroyed. The religious or ceremonial purposes of the stone are lost in time.
In 2007, a proposal to remove the Turoe Stone from its location near Loughrea due to concerns that the stone is becoming increasingly vulnerable to the elements, met fierce local opposition.
As of 17 July 2014, it has been temporarily removed from the Turoe Petting Farm for cleaning due to fungus growth.
The stone was originally outside the rath of Feerwore, in Bullaun townland. Excavation yielded much material suggesting that an open site dating to the late centuries BC had been later enclosed.
- Weir, A (1980). Early Ireland. A Field Guide. Belfast: Blackstaff Press. p. 151.
- Harding, D.W., The Archaeology of Celtic Art, p. 181
- "Turoe Stone, County Galway". Mythical Ireland. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "List of National Monuments of Ireland" (XLS). opw.ie/Heritage/NationalMonuments. Office of Public Works. Retrieved 19 Dec 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Loughrea opposes Turoe Stone move". Galway Independent (17 October 2007). Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- Chapple, Robert M. (2013-05-17). "Robert M Chapple, Archaeologist: Release the Iron Age One!: What's happening to the Turoe Stone?". Robert M Chapple, Archaeologist. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Turoe, County Galway: phallic stone". Irish Megaliths. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- Megalith Ireland – Photographs and sketch of design on Turoe Stone
- Ancient Ireland – Photographs of the Turoe Stone