The Turoe stone is a granite stone decorated in a Celtic style located in the village of Bullaun, County Galway, Ireland, 6 km north of Loughrea off the R350 regional road. It probably dates to about the period 100 BC to 100 AD. The stone is now positioned in a covered protective structure on the lawn in front of Turoe House, set in a concrete base surrounded by a metal cattle grill. The Turoe stone is National Monument of Ireland Nr. 327 (NM#327) 
It was for centuries a curiosity at a lios, or fairy fort, some 3 km from Bullaun, but was moved to the present location at Turoe Farm, in the late 19th century and so the historic provenance has been destroyed. The religious or ceremonial purposes of the stone are lost in time.
In 2007, a proposal to remove the Turoe Stone from its location near Loughrea due to concerns that the stone is becoming increasingly vulnerable to the elements, met fierce local opposition.
As of 17 July 2014, it has been temporarily removed from the Turoe Petting Farm for cleaning due to fungus growth.
The stone was originally outside the rath of Feerwore (Irish: Rath Férach Mhor) at the top of Turoe hill in Turoe townland. Excavation yielded much material suggesting that an open site dating to the late centuries BC had been later enclosed.
- Weir, A (1980). Early Ireland. A Field Guide. Belfast: Blackstaff Press. p. 151.
- Harding, D.W., The Archaeology of Celtic Art Archived 4 July 2017 at the Wayback Machine, p. 181
- "Turoe Stone, County Galway". Mythical Ireland. Archived from the original on 9 May 2008. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "List of National Monuments of Ireland" (XLS). opw.ie/Heritage/NationalMonuments. Office of Public Works. Retrieved 19 December 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Loughrea opposes Turoe Stone move". Galway Independent (17 October 2007). Archived from the original on 7 September 2008. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- Chapple, Robert M. (17 May 2013). "Robert M Chapple, Archaeologist: Release the Iron Age One!: What's happening to the Turoe Stone?". Robert M Chapple, Archaeologist. Archived from the original on 23 November 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- Jordan, Kieran and O'Connor, Tom, "Archaeological Sites of Interest Surrounding the Turoe Stone" Journal of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society Vol. 55 (2003), pp. 110-116
- "Turoe, County Galway: phallic stone". Irish Megaliths. Archived from the original on 23 February 2008. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- Megalith Ireland – Photographs and sketch of design on Turoe Stone
- Ancient Ireland – Photographs of the Turoe Stone