Tursib is the local public transport operator in Sibiu, Romania, operating bus service. It also services outlying areas and villages. It is a joint-stock company created in 1998. Originally, Tursib's network also included trolleybuses and a suburban/rural tram line to Rășinari. However, the company proposed in 2009 to discontinue trolleybus operation, and after approval by the local council the last trolleybus line closed in November 2009. Regular service on the Sibiu–Rășinari tramway ceased on 28 February 2011, and very limited operation that took place later – mainly only for visiting tourist groups – ended in 2012.
- "Hotărarea NR. 79: privind înfiinţarea Societăţii Comerciale TURSIB S.A. rezultată din reorganizarea Regiei Autonome de Gospodărie Comunală şi Locativă Sibiu" [Resolution No. 79: Establishing the company TURSIB SA, resulting from the reorganization of the Sibiu Administration of Communal Housing] (in Romanian). Local Council of Municipality of Sibiu. 22 June 1998. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Trolleybuses". Tursib. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Trolleybus Magazine No. 290 (March–April 2010), p. 45. National Trolleybus Association (UK). ISSN 0266-7452.
- Tramways & Urban Transit, May 2011, p. 194. UK: LRTA Publishing.
- Blickpunkt Straßenbahn issue "4/2013" (July–August 2013), pp. 142–143 (in German). ISSN 0173-0290.
- "Company presentation". Tursib. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
|This article about transport in Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|