This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Partners in Kryme|
|from the album Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Released||April 13, 1990|
|Producer(s)||Partners in Kryme|
|Partners in Kryme singles chronology|
"Turtle Power" is a 1990 single performed by rap duo Partners in Kryme. The song was released by SBK Records and was from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack, and was featured in the film's closing credits, and was then used in the 2013 Activision's video game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
Written by James P Alpern and Richard A Usher Jr and produced by Partners in Kryme, "Turtle Power" rode the wave of popularity of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. A rap record featuring the use of vocoder vocals for the chorus, it became a worldwide hit reaching #13 on the Billboard Hot 100, #2 on the Hot Rap Singles and #1 on the UK Singles Chart for four weeks in July 1990. The song was also coupled with the single "Turtle Rhapsody" and included in the third Ninja Turtles film soundtrack. The song's lyrics erroneously claim that Raphael is leader of the team, a role actually held by Leonardo. This has been a point of discussion on the internet comedy show Game Grumps twice.
- "Turtle Power" (Single Edit)
- "Turtle Power" (Album Version)
Year end charts
|End of year chart (1990)||Position|
- "The Pop Life - Page 2 - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1990-04-11. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 516–7. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart 1990 (61–100) (from The ARIA Report No. 50)". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved 10 October 2016.
|This 1990s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|