|Private Family Owned|
|Subsidiaries||In Kenya, and Uganda|
The head office of Tuskys is located at the Gami Properties Complex, along Mombasa Road, in Nairobi, the capital of Kenya. The coordinates of the home office are:1°20'05.0"S, 36°53'38.0"E (Latitude:-1.334722; Longitude:36.893889).
As of June 2015, Tuskys owns and operates nearly fifty supermarkets in Kenya and Uganda. Tuskys is the second-largest supermarket chain in the African Great Lakes region, behind Nakumatt. Tuskys employs more than 6,000 people in Kenya.
Tuskys is a wholly Kenyan, privately held company owned by seven children of Joram Kamau, the founder of the business who died in 2002. The table below summarizes the shareholding within the company as of August 2014.
|Tuskys Stock Ownership|
Beginning in April 2013, Tuskys entered into a private deal with Ukwala Supermarkets a rival chain, whereby Tuskys would buy six Ukwala stores in the Nairobi area. To arrive at a fair price, Tuskys took over the management of two of the stores to assess traffic and commercial flow at those locations. The two chains did not consult the Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK), as required by law. When CAK learned of the transaction, the regulator stopped the deal and fined the two chains a total of KES:5.3 million (about US$62,000). CAK ordered the management arrangements to be reversed. When the supermarket chains did not move fast enough, CAK closed the two stores in question.
- Gachiri, John (5 May 2015). "Tuskys Hires New CEO In Readiness For Going Public". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Mutegi, Mugambi (20 April 2016). "Tuskys recalls CEO after two months suspension". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Kimani, Mwaura (11 May 2012). "The Tale of Kenya's Three Biggest Supermarket Chains". Daily Nation. Nairobi. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Okulo, Lola (24 February 2014). "Tuskys locks horns with its workers again". The Star (Kenya). Nairobi. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Ciuri, Simon (16 June 2015). "Tuskys re-opens Ugandan branch after 11 months". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Google, . "Location of Tuskys Headquarters At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- TML. "The Supermarket Locations of Tuskys". Tusker Mattresses Limited (TML). Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Kimani, Mwaura (18 April 2012). "Trouble in the empire: An inside look at Tuskys Supermarkets family drama". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Mutegi, Mugambi (11 August 2014). "Tuskys MD Replaced After Failed Ukwala Takeover". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Mutegi, Mugambi (3 June 2014). "Why Regulator Stopped Tuskys Bid To Acquire Rival Ukwala". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Mutegi, Mugambi (4 August 2014). "Tuskys Shops Shut As Regulator Stops Takeover of Ukwala Stores". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 11 August 2014.