Tute Genomics is a genomics startup that provides a cloud-based web application for rapid and accurate annotation of human genomic data. Built on the expertise of ANNOVAR, Tute assists researchers in identifying disease genes and biomarkers, and assists clinicians/labs in performing genetic diagnosis. Based in Provo, Utah, Tute was co-founded by Dr. Kai Wang, an Assistant Professor at the University of Southern California (USC); and Dr. Reid J. Robison, a board-certified psychiatrist with fellowship training in both neurodevelopmental genetics and bioinformatics.
Tute Genomics was acquired by PierianDX in 2016.
- Tute Genomics launched in 2013 and entered the accelerator, BoomStartup. By "demo day" of BoomStartup, Tute had raised their seed round of funding and expanded the round to include angel investors from SLC Angels, Park City Angels, Life Science Angels. Tute was the tenth ever online syndicate for AngelList and in all raised a seed round of $1.5 million.
- In March 2014, the company announced that Affiliated Genetics, a Utah-based CLIA-certified laboratory, selected Tute Genomics for its next-generation sequencing (NGS) analytics pipeline.
- In May 2014, the company announced joining the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health.
- In June 2014, Advanced Biological Laboratories (ABL), S.A., announced a licensing and collaboration agreement with Tute Genomics and the commercial launch of OncoChek for managing and analysing genomics data in the field of oncology.
- In July 2014, the company announced an agreement with Lineagen, Inc., to provide next-generation sequencing analytics for Lineagen’s NextStepDx Plus assay. Also, Brigham Young University selected the Tute Genomics genome annotation and discovery platform for analysis and interpretation of 1,000 exomes and genomes.
- In November 2014, the company announced addition of the Tute platform to Illumina’s BaseSpace.
- The company announced a Series A1 funding round of $2.3 million in December 2014. The round was led by UK-based Eurovestech. Peak Ventures and a number of angel investors also participated in this round.
- Tute recruits David Mittelman, founder of Arpeggi, Inc. and former CSO at FamilyTreeDNA, to Tute Genomics as Chief Scientific Officer.
- Tute acquires Knome and integrates the KnoSys platform into its software product.
- Reid Robison, Tute CEO, launches a Kickstarter campaign to sell Tute interpreted whole genome and whole exome sequencing directly to consumers. The campaign was suspended within the same month after receiving a letter from the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Tute is acquired by PierianDX.
- "David Mittelman Joins Tute Genomics". Bio-itworld.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Reid J. Robison M.D., MBA". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Startup Tute Genomics Launches Cloud-based Variant Annotation and Interpretation Engine". Genomeweb.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Days after scrapping crowdfunding campaign, Tute accepts PierianDx buyout bid | FierceBiotech". www.fiercebiotech.com. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Tute Genomics Selected by Affiliated Genetics for Clinical Genome Interpretation". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Tute Genomics Joins the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health". article.wn.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Commercial Launch of ABL's OncoChek Software". Forwardgeek.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Tute Genomics Inks NGS Test Analytics Deal with Lineagen". Genomeweb.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Tute Genomics Biomarker Discovery Platform to Support Brigham Young University's Alzheimer's Disease Genetics Research". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Tute Genomics Now Available in Illumina's BaseSpace Apps". Forwardgeek.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Tute Genomics raises $2.3M for genome analytics platform". Venturebeat.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Acquisition of Knome Assets Expands Tute Interpretation Toolkit". Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Bio-IT World". www.bio-itworld.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Tute Genomics Launches Kickstarter to Gauge Market Interest in DTC Whole-Genome, Exome Sequencing". Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Tute Genomics Suspends Kickstarter Campaign Following FDA Letter". Retrieved 5 October 2016.