|Created by||Momo Wang|
Tuzki (Chinese: 兔斯基; Korean: 투즈키; Japanese: ツヅキ) is a popular illustrated bunny character, created by Momo Wang, when she was an undergraduate at the Beijing Broadcasting Institute. Featured in a variety of emoticons, her character has become popular with QQ and MSN users. Nowadays Tuzki has extended his emoticon popularity to different major messaging app platforms including WeChat, KakaoTalk, Facebook and VNG Corporation's Zalo.
According to the official website, Tuzki was born on 6 September 2006.
In March 2013, the Tuzki edition of the Fujifilm instax mini camera and films were launched in China.
TurnOut Ventures premiered Tuzki: Love Assassin on YouTube on 13 February 2014, as a Valentine's Day stunt for the Tuzki fans, written and directed by Julian Frost, the creator of the viral animation Dumb Ways to Die. Animation was produced by Studio 4°C.
An image of Tuzki: Love Assassin was displayed on the Thomson Reuters building in New York City Times Square from 14 February to 18 February 2014.
In July 2014, Facebook launched Tuzki stickers on Facebook Messenger, which quickly became one of the most frequently used stickers by Facebook users. In September, Facebook Japan announced the top 10 most popular sticker sets in Japan and Tuzki was on the list. By popular demand, Facebook launched the second set of Tuzki stickers in December.
In April 2015, Tuzki was featured on the Financial Times. The article talks about the success of Tuzki in China and how he has become a surprise hit with millennials from all around the world. In the same month, CCTV America filed a report on Tuzki, that talks about how Tuzki "takes over amid social media buzz".
- Creator's Website
- About Tuzki Archived 22 December 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- Over 20 million sends of Tuzki sticker worldwide every day
- KFC China Tuzki Premiums Archived 14 March 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Tuzki: Love Assassin
- Tuzki in New York City Times Square Archived 14 March 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Tuzki is one of the top 10 Facebook sticker in Japan
- Tuzki is featured on the Financial Times
- Chinese rabbit emoticon 'Tuzki' takes over amid social media buzz
- "Six Flags and Riverside Partner with Turner to Offer New Attractions". investors.sixflags.com.