|Studio album by The Crystal Method|
|Released||July 31, 2001|
|Studio||The Bomb Shelter, Glendale, California|
|Producer||The Crystal Method|
|The Crystal Method chronology|
|The Crystal Method studio album chronology|
|Singles from Tweekend|
|The Austin Chronicle|||
Tweekend is the second studio album by American electronic music duo The Crystal Method, released on July 31, 2001 by Outpost Recordings and Geffen Records. The album title is derived from the demise of the West Coast rave scene in the late 1990s and 2000s.
The album features the hit single "Name of the Game", which has been featured in many films, television series and commercials. The other two singles from the album were "Murder" and "Wild, Sweet and Cool".
|1.||"PHD"||Ken Jordan, Scott Kirkland||6:27|
|2.||"Wild, Sweet and Cool"||Jordan, Kirkland, Tom Morello||3:54|
|3.||"Roll It Up"||Jordan, Scott Weiland||6:02|
|4.||"Murder (You Know It's Hard)"||Jordan, Kirkland, Weiland||4:40|
|5.||"Name of The Game"||Jordan, Kirkland, Morello||4:15|
|6.||"The Winner"||Jordan, Kirkland||5:11|
|7.||"Ready For Action"||Jordan, Kirkland||5:01|
|8.||"Ten Miles Back"||Jonathan Gallivan, Jordan, Kirkland, Byron Wong||7:00|
|9.||"Over The Line"||Jon Brion, Jordan, Kirkland||6:54|
|11.||"Tough Guy"||Jordan, Kirkland||11:32|
- Track 11 Contains a hidden track with a remix of "Name of the Game", after one minute of silence from Tough Guy.
- Track 2 and 5: guitars by Tom Morello.
- Track 4: vocals by Scott Weiland, guitars by Doug Grean.
- Track 5: scratching by DJ Swamp.
- Track 7: vocals by Ryan "Ryu" Maginn.
- Track 8: vocals by Julie Gallios.
- Track 5: vocals by Ryan "Ryu" Maginn.
Note: Alternate versions of this album have "Murder" and "Over the Line" switched around.
The album was packaged with a bonus disc for the Australian/New Zealand Tour With the track listing
- Busy Child (Überzone mix)
- Name of the Game (Hybrid Blackout in LA mix)
- Name of the Game (Eric Kupper's Deep Dub mix)
- You Know It's Hard (John Creamer & Stephane K mix)
- You Know It's Hard (Dub Pistols Dub mix)
- You Know It's Hard (Koma and Bones mix)
In popular culture
- "Name of the Game" was revived for a Hummer H3 television advertisement in 2006, was featured in episodes of Dark Angel and NCIS, and in the original Splinter Cell video game.
- "Roll It Up" has been used in Nissan and Adidas ads, an episode of Dark Angel, Zoolander and the 2005 remake of The Longest Yard
- "The Winner" was featured in the video games FreQuency and NBA Live 2002, the series finale episode of Dark Angel "Freak Nation", and as the theme song for the Cedar Point roller coaster Wicked Twister.
- "Wild, Sweet Cool" was used in various promo spots for the 2002 winter Olympics.
- Selected tracks from this album were used in the Columbo episode Columbo Likes The Nightlife (2003).
- Critic reviews at Metacritic
- Allmusic review
- The Austin Chronicle review
- "Billboard review". Archived from the original on October 21, 2001. Retrieved May 25, 2014.
- Entertainment Weekly review
- Neumu.net review
- PopMatters review
- "Rolling Stone review". Archived from the original on October 2, 2007. Retrieved October 12, 2008.
- All Music. "The Crystal Method - Tweekend". All Music. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- Discogs. "The Crystal Method - Tweekend". Discogs. Retrieved June 8, 2016.