Twenty-eight by '28
The Twenty-eight by '28 initiative is an effort set forth by Mayor Eric Garcetti that the City of Los Angeles complete 28 transportation infrastructure projects before the start of the 2028 Summer Olympics on July 21, 2028 and the 2028 Summer Paralympics the following month.
Most projects are funded through Measure R and Measure M and will receive accelerated priority, though several more were proposed by this plan. In December 2018, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority claimed it would need $26.2 billion to complete the list of projects.
- The project is not related to Measure R or Measure M.
- "Draft Twenty-Eight by '28 Project List". Metro. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Sharp, Steven (27 November 2018). "Here are the 28 Projects that Metro Could Complete Before the 2028 Olympics". Urbanize. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Shelly, Susan (11 December 2018). "Metro's latest plan to get more of your money". LA Daily News. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- "Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor (project website)". Metro (LACMTA). June 27, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- Olga, Grigoryants (17 July 2018). "LA's Metro says improvements are in the works for the Orange Line, with light rail in mind". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "Mayor Garcetti checks out future train route through the Valley — by bus". Los Angeles Daily News. 29 June 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "LA Metro unveils rail concept for Sepulveda Pass project". Progressive Railroading. 12 June 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.