Jump to navigation Jump to search
Twersky, Twerski, or Tverski is the surname of a pedigree of rebbes in the Chernobyl Hasidic dynasty. It was begun by the Grand Rabbi Menachum Nachum Twerski. People with this name include:
- David Twersky (journalist) (1950–2010), journalist
- David Twersky (Skverer Rebbe) (born 1940), spiritual leader of Skverer Hasidim
- Isadore Twersky (1930–1997) scholar of Rabbinic literature and Jewish philosophy
- Mayer Twersky (born 1960), rosh yeshiva at Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary
- Menachem Nachum Twersky, the rebbe of Chernobyl and early 18th-century founder of the Hasidic Twersky family
- Mordechai Twersky, Maggid of Chernobyl, Rabbi Menachem Nochum's son
- Moshe Twersky (1955?-2014), son of Isadore Twersky, head of the kollel in Yeshiva Toras Moshe
- Shmuel Abba Twersky (1872–1947), Makarover Rebbe of Winnipeg, Canada
- Victor Twersky (1923–1998), Physicist and IEEE Fellow renowned for his contributions to the Multiple-Scattering Theory, and professor (1966-1990) of Applied Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science at University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Aaron Twerski (born 1939), American lawyer and the Irwin and Jill Cohen Professor of Law at Brooklyn Law School, as well as a former Dean and professor of tort law at Hofstra University School of Law
- Aaron Twerski of Chernobyl
- Abraham J. Twerski, Hasidic rabbi and psychiatrist
- Amos Tversky (1937–1996), cognitive and mathematical psychologist
- Barbara Tversky, American cognitive psychologist
- Chicago Tribune, Victor Twersky, 7 December 1998.
- Victor Twersky, 22 January 1999 by Joseph B. Keller in Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation - Victor Twersky
- Victor Twersky Memorial Scholarship Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago.
|surname Twersky. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|