Twigg Township, Hamilton County, Illinois
Location in Hamilton County
Hamilton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 3, 1885|
|• Total||36.35 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.25 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.28%|
|Elevation||377 ft (115 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||550|
|• Density||15.9/sq mi (6.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62817, 62829, 62859|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.44 square miles (47.8 km2), of which 18.39 square miles (47.6 km2) (or 99.73%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Digby and Marys Chapel.
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois's 19th congressional district
- State House District 118
- State Senate District 59
- "Twigg Township, Hamilton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- [* Hamilton County Historical Society
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois
||Knights Prairie Township||McLeansboro Township|
|Flannigan Township||Mayberry Township|
|South Flannigan Township||South Twigg Township|