Twin Township, Darke County, Ohio
|Twin Township, Darke County, Ohio|
Location in Darke County and the state of Ohio
|• Total||29.1 sq mi (75.3 km2)|
|• Land||29.0 sq mi (75.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,047 ft (319 m)|
|• Density||140/sq mi (54.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086023|
Twin Township is one of the twenty townships of Darke County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 4,060 people in the township, 1,587 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Van Buren Township - north
- Franklin Township - northeast corner
- Monroe Township - east
- Harrison Township, Preble County - south
- Monroe Township, Preble County - southwest corner
- Butler Township - west
- Neave Township - northwest corner
Three incorporated villages are located in Twin Township:
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Mike Fout, Joe Rinehart, and Jerry Snyder, and the clerk is Deborah Dynes.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Twin township, Darke County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Twin township, Twin township, Darke County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- The History of Darke County, Ohio. W. H. Beers & Company. 1880. p. 458.
- Wilson, Frazer Ells (1914). History of Darke County, Ohio, from its earliest settlement to the present time, Vol. 1. Milford, Ohio: Hobart Publishing Company. p. 593.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Township Trustees. Darke County. Accessed 2007-06-01.