Twin Township, Preble County, Ohio
|Twin Township, Preble County, Ohio|
Fields on Quinn Road
Location of Twin Township in Preble County
|• Total||35.1 sq mi (90.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.0 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||80.8/sq mi (31.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086855|
Twin Township is one of the twelve townships of Preble County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,831 people in the township, 2,315 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Harrison Township - north
- Clay Township, Montgomery County - northeast corner
- Perry Township, Montgomery County - east
- Jackson Township, Montgomery County - southeast corner
- Lanier Township - south
- Washington Township - west
- Monroe Township - northwest corner
Part of the village of West Alexandria is located in southern Twin Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Preble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Lowry, Robert Eaton (1915). History of Preble County, Ohio: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 366.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.