Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Triplets, quadruplets and higher order multiples can also experience this sort of loss.
Notable twinless twins
- Jonathon Blum, American hockey player, whose fraternal twin sister, Ashley, perished in a house fire.
- Philip K. Dick, American science fiction author whose twin sister, Jane, died when the twins were five weeks old. The loss of his twin is said to have profoundly affected his writing.
- Dolla, American rapper, his twin sibling died during birth.
- Tom Gullikson, American tennis player and identical twin brother of Tim Gullikson, who died of brain cancer in 1996.
- David Jason, British actor, twin brother died during childbirth.
- Marlon Jackson, former Jackson 5 member (twin brother Brandon Jackson was stillborn). As a result of the birth, Marlon was born a few weeks premature, but he survived.
- Jarosław Kaczyński, former Prime Minister of Poland and identical twin brother of former Polish President Lech Kaczyński, who died in the 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash.
- Jay Kay, British singer and frontman of acid jazz band Jamiroquai, twin brother died several weeks after birth.
- Liberace, classically trained pianist and comedian known for his elaborate costumes (the entertainer was known to have counseled the young Elvis on being a twinless twin and the desire to "live for two").
- Heather O'Rourke, child actress (twin brother was miscarried).
- Chuck Panozzo, member of Styx. His fraternal twin brother and bandmate John Panozzo died of cirrhosis of the liver in 1996.
- Elvis Presley, pioneering rock musician (twin brother Jesse Garon Presley was stillborn). Elvis often spoke to friends and in interviews about feeling that a major part of him was missing without Jesse. Elvis's middle name at birth, Aron, was spelled to match with Jesse's designated middle name of Garon; but, as Elvis grew older, he expressed to his father his desire to have it spelled in the traditional way, "Aaron"; a wish that his father granted on Elvis' tombstone at Graceland.
- Miklós Radnóti, Hungarian poet whose twin brother died along with their mother during childbirth.
- Solomon "Shazam" Conner, member of H-Town. His twin brother and bandmate Keven "Dino" Conner was killed in an automobile accident in 2003.
- Mary Rockefeller Morgan, licensed psychotherapist and author, daughter of the New York Rockefeller family. Twin brother Michael disappeared off the coast of Papua New Guinnea in 1961.
- Anderson, Ros; Taylor, Megan (20 July 2013). "My twin died, I survived". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Twinless Twin support group
- Kucukalic, Lejla (2008). Philip K. Dick: canonical writer of the digital age. Taylor and Francis. p. 27. ISBN 0-415-96242-0.
- "Polish President Lech Kaczynski dies in plane crash". BBC News. 10 April 2010. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "Interview: Jamiroquai singer/songwriter Jason Kay". The Scotsman. 21 October 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- [dead link]
- "John Panozzo – Styx Drummer". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. July 16, 1996.
- "John Panozzo, 47, 70's Rock Drummer". New York Times. July 18, 1996. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Perrone, Pierre (20 July 1996). "Obituary: John Panozzo". The Independent. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Alan C. Elms, "Elvis: Nothin' but a Twinless Twin: Book Review of The Inner Elvis: A Psychological Biography of Elvis Aaron Presley by Peter O. Whitmer." Found at Ulmus.com. Accessed July 8, 2010.
- Reid, Shaheem (2003-02-03). "H-Town Lead Singer Dies". mtv.com.