Twirl (chocolate bar)
|Introduced||June 19, 1984London, United Kingdom|
|Related brands||List of Cadbury products|
Twirl is a type of chocolate bar currently manufactured by the British chocolate brand Cadbury. Introduced by Cadbury UK as a single bar in the early 1970s, it was repackaged in 1984 as a twin bar. Although still produced in the United Kingdom it has been marketed internationally since the 1990s and is now one of the best-selling chocolate single bar Cadbury owns. It consists of two Flake-style bars covered in milk chocolate. It's rumoured that the Twirl concept evolved from an over-spill flaw in the Flake manufacturing process.
The Twirl bar also has a snack sized version called Twirl Bites, which come in a bag containing several smaller Twirl like chocolates.
There is also a multipack version containing 4 twin twirl bars. This 4 pack weighs 136 grams, meaning each bar weighs exactly 34 grams. Considering each bar consists of 2 bars, each one is 17 grams.
In late 2019, Cadbury launched an orange-flavoured variety of Twirl in the UK to huge success. Many stores struggled to keep stock of the bar, repeatedly selling out due to the high demand.  In August 2020, Cadbury announced the return of the Orange Twirl. Consumers could join a pre-sale on Twitter to get access to the first new bars, while stores would begin to stock them in September. 
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-07-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2011-08-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Retailers struggle to meet demand for limited edition Twirl Orange". Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "5,000 people queue for returning chocolate orange Twirl pre-sale". Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "Cadbury brings back Orange Twirl bars". Retrieved 2020-08-21.
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|