||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Initial release||October 6, 2008|
14.1.0 / March 18, 2014
|Type||Test automation, Agile testing|
Twist is a test automation and functional testing solution built by Thoughtworks Studios, the software division of ThoughtWorks. It uses Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test-driven development (TDD) for functional testing of the application. It is a part of the Adaptive ALM solution  consisting of Twist for Agile testing by ThoughtWorks Studios, Mingle for Agile project management and Go for Agile release management.
Twist is no longer supported by ThoughtWorks.
- Twist allows test specifications to be written in English or any UTF-8 supported language.
- Twist's IDE supports manual, automated and hybrid testing.
- Twist can be used with any Java based driver. It provides support for
- Fast Script Development
- Consolidation of redundant code (refactoring as “Concepts”)
- Type Ahead and Suggestion
- Team coding
- Version control, organization, and searching in Confluence
- Shared script libraries
- Tagging (Test/Production, Categories, etc.) with Filters
- Filter scripts based on Tags
- Run groups of tests based on Tags
You can follow @tw_studios to hear about the latest releases and upcoming news
- Sims, Chris (2008-10-06). "ThoughtWorks Announces Twist, Automated Functional Testing Platform". InfoQ.
- Rubinstein, David (2010-03-01). "ThoughtWorks puts new twist on testing". SD Times.
- "Agile Test Automation Tool Updated". Dr. Dobb's Journal. 2010-03-01.
- "Thoughtworks Studios Releases Adaptive ALM". Dr. Dobb's Journal. 2009-08-17.
- "A Farewell to Twist". Twist Automated Testing. ThoughtWorks, Inc. Retrieved 2016-01-02. (Subscription required (. ))
- Penchikala, Srini (2010-04-05). "Twist 2.0 Supports Behavior Driven and Collaborative Testing". InfoQ.