|Initial release||January 15, 2007|
|Operating system||Mac OS X, iOS|
|Platform||Macintosh (PowerPC & x86), iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch (ARM)|
Twitterrific is a Mac OS X and iOS client for the social networking site Twitter. The client, created by The Iconfactory, lets users view in real time "tweets" or micro-blog posts on the Twitter website as well as publish their own. Twitterrific is closed source software.
The program's main window uses a translucent black theme similar to certain palettes used in Aperture, iPhoto and other Apple Inc. software. Users may choose to view the full public timeline or just the friends feed. Users can also click on links to view the poster's profile or mark a tweet as a favorite.
Version 3 changed Twitterrific into advertising supported shareware; every hour an ad is refreshed to the top of the list. Users who buy the program receive no ads. Other changes in version 3 mostly added compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 and incorporated newer Twitter features like direct messaging.
On April 1, 2010, The Iconfactory released Twitterrific for iPad (Version 1.0), ready for the iPad's US launch on April 3. On June 24, a version of Twitterrific was launched (version 3.0) that was universally compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad.
On October 10, 2017, the Mac application received a 5.0 update and was added to the Mac App Store.
- Wagner, Mitch (2008-07-16). "iPhone Free Software: Twitterific Puts Twitter In Your Pocket". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Apple Developer Connection - Worldwide Developers Conference 2008 - Apple Design Awards". Apple Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-06-04. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "Iconfactory Honored with Apple Design Award". The Icon Factory. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "The Iconfactory Launches 'Project Phoenix' Kickstarter: A Twitterrific for Mac Reboot". MacStories. February 14, 2017. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- "Twitterrific for Mac: Project Phoenix". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Twitterrific (4 October 2017). "The new Twitterrific for Mac arrives in the Mac App Store Tues, Oct 10th!https://twitter.com/bitdepth/status/915682252465606658 …". @Twitterrific. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
|This Classic Mac OS and/or macOS software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|