Two Brothers Brewing
|Location||30W315 Calumet Ave.
Warrenville, IL 60555
|Annual production volume||40,000 US beer barrels (47,000 hL)|
Two Brothers Brewing Company is an independently owned Illinois-based microbrewery founded by brothers Jim and Jason Ebel in 1996. The brothers brought their knowledge of different brewing styles to the Chicago craft brew market after living in Europe and experiencing the variety of beers available there. Jim and Jason started the business using bulk milk tanks converted into fermenters that were donated to them by their grandfather who was a retired dairy farmer. Two Brothers Brewing has now been in business for over 20 years and has opened multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area, as well as one in Arizona.
Two Brothers Tap House
To Brothers Brewing opened first in Warrenville, Illinois in the year 1996 when Jim and Jason Ebel returned to the United States after living in France. When they arrived back home they had difficulty finding the style of beers that were common in Europe. This encouraged the Ebel brothers to enter the brewing industry in order to bring the European-style brews to the Chicago market. Using their prior experience working in a brewery located in Denver, they went into production using bulk milk tanks that were donated to them from their grandfather. Two Brothers Tap House remains in Warrenville, Illinois where they offer tours of their newly equipped brewery to the public every weekend.
Two Brothers Roundhouse
After establishing themselves in the industry Jim and Jason Ebel set their eyes on expansion. In May of 2011 they announced that they had purchased America’s Historic Roundhouse in Aurora, Illinois after the former owner filed for bankruptcy. Their intentions were to keep the Roundhouse a restaurant and venue but also planned to include weddings and banquet events. The Roundhouse was built in 1865 for the Chicago and Aurora Railroad. After being abandoned in 1974 it was then purchased by a group of investors led by Walter Payton in 1995 and converted into a restaurant and brewpub. The Roundhouse officially reopened in June, 2011 as the Two Brothers Roundhouse.
Two Brothers Tap House and Brewery
Two Brothers Brewing owners Jim and Jason Ebel then decided to open their first location outside of the state of Illinois in Scottsdale, Arizona. Two Brothers Tap House and Brewery opened its doors to the Arizona market in January of 2015. Initially serving as a restaurant for its first 6 months, the Arizona location served its first beer brewed within its Scottsdale brewery in October of 2015.
The Craftsman By Two Brothers
In September of 2016 Two Brothers opened The Craftsman in Naperville, Illinois. This multi-level dining establishment integrates a market cafe, modern tavern, and cocktail experience into one location. The Craftsmen includes a bakery, a cafe, a juice bar, a deli, a market, a butcher, a restaurant, and a cocktail bar. Here you can enjoy many of the beers offered by Two Brothers. However, being the first restaurant the Ebel brothers opened that did not include a brewery, the beers served at this location are brewed elsewhere.
Two Brothers Social Tap
With no end to expansion in sight, Jim and Jason Ebel set their eyes on opening the Two Brothers Social Tap in Oak Park, Illinois sometime in June, 2017. The new location is set to open as a cafe and offer coffee, beer, and spirits along with food. The establishment will come as Two Brothers Brewing’s fifth location to open and the company’s second location without a brewpub.
|Cane and Ebel||Red Rye Ale||7%||68||Year-round|
|Domaine DuPage||French Country Ale||5.9%||24||Year-round|
|Ebel’s Weiss||Weiss Beer||4.9%||12||Year-round|
|Outlaw 2.0||India Pale Ale||6.3%||40||Year-round|
|Pinball||Juicy Hop Pale Ale||5.4%||31||Year-round|
|Prairie Path||Golden Ale||5.1%||25||Year-round|
|Sidekick||Extra Pale Ale||5.1%||36.1||Year-round|
|Wobble||India Pale Ale||6.3%||69||Year-round|
|A Bretter Day||Biere De Mars Ale||5.5%||23.1||Seasonal: May|
|Atom Smasher||Oak Aged Oktoberfest Style Lager||7.7%||22.6||Seasonal: August|
|Dog Days||Dortmunder Style Lager||5.1%||27||Seasonal: April|
|Heavy Handed||Wet Hopped India Pale Ale||6.7%||65||Seasonal: October|
|Hop Centric||Double India Pale Ale||9.9%||100.1||Seasonal: June|
|Monarch||White Beer||4.5%||14||Seasonal: February|
|Night Cat||Hoppy Wheat Ale||5.7%||43.2||Seasonal: August|
|Northwind||Imperial Stout||9.1%||45||Seasonal: November|
|Peppermint Bark||Porter||6.7%||32||Seasonal: November|
|Revelry||Imperial Red Ale||9.5%||124||Seasonal: November|
|Bare Tree||Weiss Wine||11.2%||50||Special Projects Division|
|In The Flesh||Blueberry American Sour||4.2%||7||Special Projects Division|
|Project Opus||Special Sours||n/a||n/a||Special Projects Division|
|Sour Beer #2||American Wild Ale||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Two Brothers Brewing owners Jim and Jason Ebel are passionate about their efforts to promote energy-efficiency in their facilities as they “craft with a conscience.” Their practices include using green, renewable energy at all of their locations, as well as using recycled and recyclable materials in their packaging. Extra money was spent purchasing the latest energy-efficient equipment including an ultra-high efficient boiler which allows for the conservation of water during the brewing process.
To provide their customers with the most fresh produce, Two Brothers facilities grow their own ingredients in their organic rooftop gardens, as well as purchase their products locally from within 200 miles of the restaurant's locations which reduces their carbon footprint by minimizing transportation distance. In a display of their commitment to give back to local communities the brewery supplies local farmers with spent grain to aid them in feeding their cattle.
The Two Brothers Tap House was the first restaurant in DuPage County to join the The Green Chicago Restaurant Coalition. The Two Brothers Roundhouse was the first restaurant in Kane County to join the The Green Chicago Restaurant Coalition. The mission of The Green Chicago Restaurant Coalition is to "empower members of the food service industry and dedicated diners alike to reduce our collective footprint, bolstering the health of our planet and its people." Two Brothers has also joined the Natural Resources Defense Council to support the use of clean water in brewing practices. 
Awards and Acknowledgments
Two Brothers Brewing has received a variety of awards from organizations such as the Great American Beer Festival and the World Beer Cup. They have also been acknowledged by various news sources for having outstanding products. Below is a list of awards and acknowledgements that Two Brothers Brewing has received.
|Cane and Ebel||Red Rye Ale||Rated Top 7 beer by USA Today|
|Domaine DuPage||French Country Ale||2016 GABF Gold Medal Winner in Belgian- and French-Style Ale
2016 World Beer Cup Bronze Medal Winner in Belgian- and French-Style Ale
2014 World Beer Cup Gold Medal Winner in Belgian- and French-Style Ale
2012 GABF Bronze Medal Winner in Belgian- and French-Style Ale
2010 GABF Bronze Medal Winner in Belgian- and French-Style Ale
2007 GABF Bronze Medal Winner in Belgian- and French-Style Ale
Called a Chicago Classic by the Chicago Tribune
|Ebel's Weiss||Weiss Beer||2013 GABF Silver Medal Winner in South German-Style Hefeweizen
2012 GABF Silver Medal Winner in South German-Style Hefeweizen
|Prairie Path||Golden Ale||Rated one of the best gluten friendly beers by Indianapolis Star|
|Wobble IPA||India Pale Ale||Voted a top 15 IPA in America by Paste Magazine
Top 5 summer beer by Fox News
|Dog Days||Dortmunder Style Lager||2011 GABF Bronze Medal Winner in Dortmunder or German-Style Oktoberfest|
|Sour Beer #2||American Wild Ale||2014 GABF Gold Medal Winner in Wood- and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer|
Two Brothers Brewing company currently distributes to a total of 13 states within the United States. The states in which Two Brothers Brewing products are currently available include Illinois, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Missouri, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, and New Jersey. Below is a list of the states and distributors that provide their respective state's market with Two Brothers products.
- Arizona- Arizona Beer & Cider Company
- Iowa- Johnson Brothers of Iowa
- Missouri- Major Brands
- Wisconsin- River City Distributing
- Indiana- Cavalier Distributing
- Ohio- Cavalier Distributing
- New York- Union Beer Distributors
- Connecticut- Sarene Craft Beer Distributors
- Maryland- Backup Beverage
- Florida- Cavalier Distributors
- Illinois- Windy City Distribution
- New Jersey- Sarene Craft Beer Distributors
On 6 June 2009, Two Brothers Brewing celebrated the 2009 release of its Hop Juice Double IPA with a festival held at the brewery, called "For the Love of Hops". The festival featured special beers from craft breweries across the US, including Surly Brewing Company, Dogfish Head Brewery, Stone Brewing Company, Allagash Brewing Company, and Ska Brewing.
On 12 June 2010, Two Brothers Brewing celebrated their 2nd annual release of its Hop Juice Double IPA with a festival at the brewery in Warrenvile, Illinois titled "For The Love Of Hops." The festival hosted by Two Brothers Brewing included 4 bands and a variety of guest beers from different parts of the country.
On 1 June 2011, Two Brothers Brewing hosted their annual Hop Juice Festival to celebrate the release of the popular artisan beers Hop Juice Double IPA and Hop Juice Black. The festival took place at their newly opened Two Brothers Roundhouse in Aurora, Illinois.
On 1 June 2012, Two Brothers Brewing hosted the Hop Juice Festival at the Two Brothers Roundhouse location in Aurora, Illinois. This festival included the 4th Annual Hop Jucie Festival Home Brew commpetition in which home brewers enter to compete against one another.
On 2 June 2013, Two Brothers Brewing hosted the Two Brothers Summer Festival at the Two Brothers Roundhouse location in Aurora, Illinois. This event supported Make-A-Wish Foundation, and Mutual Ground charities.
On 20 June 2014, Two Brothers Brewing hosted its sixth annual Two Brothers Summer Festival at the Two Brothers Roundhouse location in Aurora, Illinois. This event supported Make-A-Wish Foundation, and Communities in Schools of Aurora.
On 26 June 2015, Two Brothers Brewing hosted the Two Brothers Summer Festival at the Two Brothers Roundhouse location in Aurora, Illinois. At the event the company released its Hop Centric Double IPA.
On 2 June 2017, Two Brothers Brewing will host the Two Brothers Summer Festival at River Edge Park in Aurora in Aurora, Illinois. The event will be hosted with raising money for charity being its ultimate goal.
- "Opinion: To survive, craft beer brewers turn to cocktails, coffee and ... bicycles". MarketWatch. 2017-05-08. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Company, Two Brothers Brewing. "Two Brothers Artisan Brewing: Celebrating 20 Years Of Chicago Craft". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Welcome to A Perfect Pint: Two Brothers Brewing Company". www.aperfectpint.net. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers Brewing Company". www.taphunter.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers Artisan Brewing The Tap House". twobrothersbrewing.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Aurora's Roundhouse Sold to Two Brothers Brewery". NBC Chicago. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Roundhouse-to-reopen-Friday - Aurora Beacon News". 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "1/23: Two Brothers Brewing Co. opens Scottsdale brewpub". azcentral. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Palmer, Sara (2015-10-21). "Two Brothers Brewing Company to Release First Arizona-Made Beers Tomorrow in Scottsdale". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- alyssa42, Community Contributor. "Two Brothers Brews Up a New Dining and Entertainment Concept: The Craftsman by Two Brothers". Daily Southtown. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Noel, Josh. "Two Brothers Brewing opens a 3-floor bar, restaurant and market ... with no place to make beer". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers Brewing Co. could open at shuttered Marion Street Cheese". www.oakpark.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Schering, Steve. "Two Brothers Brewing to open 'Social Tap' in downtown Oak Park". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers Artisan Brewing Artisan Beer". twobrothersbrewing.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Two Brothers Brewing Co.". Food and Drink International. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Two Brothers Artisan Brewing Craft with a Conscience". twobrothersbrewing.com. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- alyssa42, Community Contributor. "Two Brothers Brews Up a New Dining and Entertainment Concept: The Craftsman by Two Brothers". Daily Southtown. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "About". Next Bites. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "7 top rated rye beers". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- Association, Brewers. "GABF Winners - Great American Beer Festival". Great American Beer Festival. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "2016 WORLD BEER CUP AWARD WINNERS – BELGIAN STYLE BEERS". BELGIAN BEER JOURNAL. 2016-05-07. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "2014 WORLD BEER CUP WINNERS- BELGIAN AND FRENCH STYLE ALES". BELGIAN BEER JOURNAL. 2014-04-12. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- Noel, Josh. "Two Brothers Domaine DuPage a classic Chicago craft beer". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "8 gluten-free beers that don't suck". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Blind-Tasting 116 of the Best American IPAs: We Have a Winner". pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "5 amazing summer beers". Fox News. 2015-07-22. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Two Brothers Brewing Company Expands Capacity, Distribution | Brewbound.com". Brewbound.com. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "For the Love of Hops | Two Brothers Brewing Company | Drink Events | Chicago". Chicagoreader.com. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "For The Love Of Hops Festival 2010". Gapers Block. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Glynn, Dave (2012-05-12). "Two Brothers' annual Hop Juice Festival returns — but this year, it's in Aurora". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "2 Brothers Hop Juice Fest is Friday & Saturday". Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "2013 Two Brothers Summer Festival". www.brownpapertickets.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers to Host Sixth Annual Summer Festival | Brewbound.com". Brewbound.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers Summer Festival - 6/26/2015". www.brewbound.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Freishtat, Sarah. "Two Brothers summer festival moving to RiverEdge Park". Aurora Beacon-News. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Two Brothers Summer Festival - RiverEdge Park | Aurora". RiverEdge Park | Aurora. Retrieved 2017-05-09.