Two Is Better Than One
|"Two Is Better Than One"|
|Single by Boys Like Girls featuring Taylor Swift|
|from the album Love Drunk|
|Released||October 19, 2009|
|Boys Like Girls singles chronology|
|Taylor Swift singles chronology|
"Two Is Better Than One" is a song by the American rock band Boys Like Girls from their second studio album Love Drunk (2009) and this song features American singer Taylor Swift. It was written by Martin Johnson and Swift and the song is the band's second official single from the album. On some advanced copies of the album sent to reviewers and members of the press, the song does not feature Swift, rather, Johnson handles all vocals.
The track received large scale commercial success. By December 2011, "Two Is Better Than One" has sold 1,508,000 copies in the U.S. alone. It additionally received significant international airplay, reaching number 18 on the Canadian Hot 100.
This section needs expansion with: detailed information on the video. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)
A music video for the song was made. Swift does not appear in the video, but her vocals are still heard. It was directed by Meiert Avis. The music video features Erik Huffman from Survivor: China and Mika Combs from The Amazing Race 15. The music video shows the story of the relationship between a couple (played by Huffman and Combs). A scene where the band performed in a hall was also shown, starting with Johnson playing a guitar alone before the rest of the band members walked in.
A music video ecard was also released for the song "Two Is Better Than One".
The single was sent to mainstream radio in the United States on October 19, 2009. FMQB Mainstream Releases "Two Is Better Than One" debuted at number 92 on the Billboard Hot 100. It fell off the following week but re-entered at number 79 and rose the following week to number 64. After a few weeks, the song then reached its peak at number 18 on the chart. It has since become Boys Like Girls' third top 40 on the Hot 100 as well as Swift's twenty-first entry in the top 40. It is also the group's biggest hit to date.
By December 2011, "Two Is Better Than One" had sold 1,508,000 copies in the U.S. alone, outselling even other big Taylor Swift hits such as "Tim McGraw" and "Fifteen". As of November 2017, the song has sold 1.7 million copies in the United States.
With both related artists receiving acclaim, the song became Boys Like Girls' second consecutive top 40 single on the Billboard Hot 100. Also, it gave Swift her twenty-first top 40 song on that chart. For the week of January 9, 2010, the song became Boys Like Girls' first top 20 single on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming their biggest hit single to date, and Swift's eleventh top 20 single.
In terms of live performances, Boys Like Girls performed this song with Malaysian songstress Misha Omar during the program MTV World Stage 2009, which was held in Sunway, Kuala Lumpur.
Charts and certifications
|Brazilian Singles Chart (ABPD)||20|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||18|
|Canada AC (Billboard)||34|
|Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)||6|
|Canada Hot AC (Billboard)||6|
|US Billboard Hot 100||18|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||29|
|US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)||14|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||7|
|Canadian Hot 100||67|
|Billboard Hot 100||72|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,700,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Kiefer, Kate (June 4, 2009). "Six Great Taylor Swift Songs". Paste. Paste Media Group LLC. Retrieved April 17, 2010.
- "The Billboard Reviews". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.: 9– 3 October 2009. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Ask Billboard: What Are Your 2011 Favorites?". billboard.com By Gary Trust. December 12, 2011.
- "Charts Year End: Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "CMT Videos: "Two Is Better Than One"". Country Music Television. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- Trust, Gary (November 26, 2017). "Ask Billboard: Taylor Swift's Career Album & Song Sales". Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Brazil" (PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Canada AC)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Canada CHR/Top 40)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Canada Hot AC)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Hot 100)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Adult Contemporary)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)" Billboard.
- "Boys Like Girls Chart History (Pop Songs)" Billboard.
- "American single certifications – Boys Like Girls – Two Is Better Than One". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH