Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...but Three Do
|Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...but Three Do|
|Studio album by Relient K|
|Released||March 11, 2003|
|Genre||Pop punk, alternative rock, Christian rock, Christian pop punk|
|Producer||Mark Lee Townsend, Matt Thiessen|
|Relient K chronology|
The four original covers of the album
Vinyl exclusive cover
Gold Edition slip cover
|Jesus Freak Hideout|||
Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...but Three Do (often called Two Lefts) is the third full-length album released by Christian rock band Relient K. The album was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rock Gospel Album, but the award that year ended up being won by Worldwide by Audio Adrenaline. This album was initially released with four different covers, each one depicting a separate car wreck. In November 2003, a fifth cover was released, which showed all four cars in a junkyard. That is now the only version of the CD still in print, although a very small amount the four original covers can still be found. It was also released as a combo pack with Deck the Halls, Bruise Your Hand for a few years around Christmas time. The album peaked at No. 38 on the Billboard 200.
Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...but Three Do was certified Gold on March 21, 2005 by the RIAA for sales in excess of 500,000 in the United States. It has currently sold around 518,000 in the United States. A Gold Edition of this album was released on October 31, 2006. The idea for a Gold Edition of this album came from Gotee Records, who also released a Gold Edition of The Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek on the same day. The Gold Edition of this album has remixed and remastered sound similar to Mmhmm (the album was remixed by the same people who mixed Mmhmm) and it is also enhanced with a music video for the song "Chap Stick, Chapped Lips, and Things Like Chemistry".
All tracks written by Matt Thiessen.
|1.||"Chap Stick, Chapped Lips, and Things Like Chemistry"||3:10|
|5.||"In Love with the 80's (Pink Tux to the Prom)"||3:08|
|8.||"Hoopes I Did It Again"||3:12|
|10.||"I Am Understood?"||4:23|
|11.||"Getting Into You"||3:24|
|12.||"Kids on the Street"||0:26|
|14.||"From End to End"||4:37|
|15.||"Jefferson Aero Plane" (includes hidden track "Silly Shoes")||12:52|
- Chap Stick, Chapped Lips, and Things Like Chemistry
- Forward Motion
- In Love With the 80s (Pink Tux to the Prom)
- I Am Understood?
- Getting Into You
- Matt Thiessen – lead vocals, guitar, piano
- Matt Hoopes – guitar, backing vocals
- Brian Pittman – bass
- Dave Douglas – drums, backing vocals
Additional Musicians and Personnel
- Ryan Watts – additional vocals on "Forward Motion", "I Am Understood?", and "From End to End"
- DJ Manuel – programming on "Getting Into You"
- Rob Roy Fingerhead – additional guitar and backing vocals on various songs
- Mark Lee Townsend – producer (music)
- Toby McKeehan – executive producer
- Joey Elwood – executive producer
- F. Reid Shippen – mixing
- Dan Shike – assisted mixing
- Randy Leroy – mastering
- Grant Harrison – a&r
- Todd Francis, Aaron Marrs, Eddy Boer, and David Johnson – album artwork/photography
- Adam Grimm, Jake Gridgeway, and Ryan Nutter – "Kids on the Street"
- Sharp, Tyler (June 6, 2016). "10 pop-punk albums from 2003 still better than pop punk today". Alternative Press. Alternative Press. Archived from the original on June 6, 2016. Retrieved June 6, 2016.