Two Men and a Truck
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Lansing, Michigan, United States|
Two Men And A Truck is a franchised moving company, headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, with franchises in 43 U.S. states, as well as the United Kingdom, Canada, and Ireland. The company is the largest franchised moving company in the United States with more than 340 locations.
The company was founded in the early 1980s by Lansing brothers Brig Sorber and Jon Sorber. Using an old '66 Ford pickup truck, they performed moves to earn extra spending money. Their mother, Mary Ellen Sheets, drew the logo for their new company and that stick-figure logo still represents Two Men and a Truck today. Sheets took over the business when her sons left for college. In 1985, she purchased a 14-foot (4.3 m) truck for $350 and hired a pair of movers. This is the only money Sheets personally invested in the company. A fellow panelist at a university business seminar in 1988 suggested Sheets consider franchising. After further research, the first franchise was awarded in 1989.
Two Men and a Truck's boxes, trucks, or movers can be seen in several popular movies including Masterminds (2016), Earth to Echo (2014), Save the Date (2012), Limitless (2011), No Reservations (2007), Burn After Reading (2008), and White Noise (2005).
The initial franchise fee is $50,000; there is also an ongoing royalty of 6% of revenue. As of 2017, there are 262 franchises in the United States and 31 in other countries.
- Kennedy, Paul (10 January 2017). "An Inside Look: Two Men and a Truck Franchised Moving Services". Man With A Van. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Foundations of Business. Cengage Learning.
- The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship. Oxford University Press. pp. 458– . (subscription required)
- Basic Guide to Exporting. Government Printing Office. pp. 106–107.
- Becoming a Trustworthy Leader: Psychology and Practice. Routledge. pp. 165–166.
- Small Business Management. Cengage Learning. pp. 651– . (subscription required)
- Service Operations Management. Edward Elgar Publishing. p. 193.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Two Men and a Truck.|