Two Outs in the Ninth Inning
|Two Outs in the Ninth Inning|
|Also known as|
|Written by||Yeo Ji-na|
|Directed by||Han Chul-soo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation|
|Original release||July 14 –|
September 9, 2007
|Revised Romanization||9hoemal 2aut|
Two Outs in the Ninth Inning (Korean: 9회말 2아웃; RR: 9hoemal 2aut) is a 2007 South Korean television series starring Soo Ae, Lee Jung-jin, Lee Tae-sung and Hwang Ji-hyun. It aired on MBC from July 14 to September 9, 2007 on Saturdays and Sundays at 21:40 for 16 episodes.
The romantic comedy series explores the age-old question of whether a man and a woman can ever be just friends. As the title suggests, the series makes plenty of baseball references, with each of its sixteen episodes opening with a catchy phrase relating the facts of life through the game of baseball.
Aspiring writer Hong Nan-hee is a foul-mouthed, disheveled and jaded single woman struggling with life and love. She and Byun Hyung-tae have been best friends for most of their lives. They cook for each other, call each other daily, bicker like siblings, and support each other when things go wrong. But everything is about to change. On her 30th birthday, Nan-hee realizes that she needs to shake things up. She begins dating Kim Jung-joo, a talented baseball pitcher who is aiming to play in the American big leagues; but Nan-hee's mother disapproves of their relationship because he is eight years younger. Tired of living with her mother, she rents Hyung-tae's house while he is on vacation, but complications arise and soon the two friends are living in the house together. As the old friends navigate new territory, they start to discover things they never knew about each other — he's neurotic, she snores — but more importantly, they gradually realize what their friends and family have always suspected — that, without realizing it, they've been the most important people to each other all along.
- Soo Ae as Hong Nan-hee
- Lee Jung-jin as Byun Hyung-tae
- Lee Tae-sung as Kim Jung-joo
- Hwang Ji-hyun as Yoon Sung-ah
- Lee Sang-woo as Lee Joon-mo
- Jo Eun-ji as Kim Choon-hee
- Son Jung-min as Jeon Mi-kyung
- Jang Joon-hwi as Park Sang-hoon
- Park Hye-young as Park Ji-sun
- Hwang Seok-jeong as Jang Choo-ja
- Lee Doo-il as Im Nak-bin
- Im Yoona as Shin Joo-young
- Kim Chang-sook as Kim Shin-ja
- Lee Hee-do as Byun Jong-woo
- Lee So-won as Hong Yeon-hee
- Park Kwang-jung as Mr. Park, advertisement team leader
- Jung Da-hye as Kim Nam-jung
- Yoon Ye-hee as Kyung-ha
- Yoon Hye-jung
- Park Woo-cheon
- "Su-ae Sheds Refined Image for Boorish New Role". The Chosun Ilbo. August 17, 2007. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- Lee, Ji-hye (November 18, 2010). "Actor Lee Jung-jin's Movie Picks". 10Asia. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Two Outs, Bottom of the 9th Inning: MBC TV Drama (Region-1 / 6 DVD Set)". Han Books. Archived from the original on April 26, 2014. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Bottom of the 9th with 2 Outs: Series review". Dramabeans. March 3, 2011. Retrieved April 25, 2014.