|Limited liability company|
|Industry||Private equity, venture capital|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
|Arie Belldegrun (Chairman)|
|Products||Venture capital, equity investment, investment management|
Two River Group Holdings is a New York-based venture capital firm and merchant bank focused on the life science sector. It specializes in investments in life science, biotechnology, and in firms focused on developing preventative and therapeutic technologies for a broad spectrum of disease areas including oncology, cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders, and companion animal health care.
The firm has offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
Two River has invested in the following life science companies:
- Arno Therapeutics (OTCBB: ARNI) - Arno is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that is developing innovative products for the treatment of cancer.
- Capricor Therapeutics (formerly Nile Therapeutics) (OTCBB: CAPR) - Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. is a publicly traded heart failure biotechnology company, is focused on the development of novel therapeutics to prevent and treat heart disease.
- Cell Design Labs - Cell Design Labs is a private biotherapeutics company pioneering breakthrough science to develop disruptive cell-based therapies for cancer and other devastating diseases. Cell Design Labs leverages the power of the body’s immune system to develop smart, living therapies with the capability to treat our most challenging diseases with unprecedented power, precision, safety and durability.
- Edgemont Pharmaceuticals - Edgemont is a privately held pharmaceutical company with a primary focus and expertise in the field of neuroscience. Edgemont is committed to the development of novel drug formulations and new therapies that can improve patient care.
- Hubble - a brand of contact lenses sold directly to consumers through an e-commerce, subscription-only model
- Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE) - Kite Pharma is a development stage biotechnology company engaged in the design and development of pioneering immune- based targeted therapies to treat different cancer indications. Kite has a portfolio of proprietary product candidates designed to stimulate the patient's own immune system to fight tumor cells.
- Sienna Sienna Biopharmaceuticals - Sienna Biopharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery, clinical development and commercialization of products in dermatology and aesthetics based on scientific breakthroughs that dramatically improve patient outcomes, and physicians’ practice of medicine.
- UroGen Pharma - UroGen Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapies designed to change the standard of care for urological pathologies with a focus on uro-oncology.
- Velcera (acquired by Perrigo) - Velcera develops pet medicines in pain management, anti-allergy and parasiticides that can provide superior convenience and greater compliance than traditional products.
- Veterinary Prime - developing premium pet nutrition products for dogs and cats, sold exclusively through veterinarians
- In May 2013, Kite Pharma completed a $35 million financing of Series A preferred stock.
- In October 2013, Arno Therapeutics completed a $30.7 million financing of equity.
- In November 2013, Nile Therapeutics completed a merger with Capricor to form Capricor Therapeutics. Capricor has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Nile.
- In February 2014, Velcera was acquired by Perrigo for $160 million.
- In April 2014, Kite Pharma completed a $50 million mezzanine private financing of convertible notes, and in May, the company filed a registration with the SEC for an IPO of its common stock, with a proposed maximum offering price of $115 million. The company listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “KITE.” The company planned to raise $78 million by offering 6 million shares at a price range of $12.00 to $14.00. At the midpoint of the proposed range, Kite Pharma would command a market value of $548 million. On 20 June 2014, 7.5 million shares of Kite Pharma, priced at $17 a share began trading on the NASDAQ, indicating a market valuation of $632.4 million for the company.
- In March 2017, it was reported that Two River has participated in a $16.5 million Series A round of funding for Hubble.
- "Two River Group Holdings, LLC: Board Committees". Businessweek. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Company Overview of Two River Group Holdings, LLC", Businessweek. Retrieved on 26 June 2013.
- "Joshua A. Kazam", Businessweek. Retrieved on 26 June 2013.
- "David M. Tanen", Businessweek. Retrieved on 26 June 2013.
- "Benjamin Bernstein", Businessweek. Retrieved on 26 June 2013.
- "Dr. Arie S. Belldegrun, MD, FACS Joins Two River Group Holdings as Chairman and Partner". Reuters. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Portfolio", Two River. Retrieved on 16 August 2016.
- Elliott, Peter (15 May 2013). "Kite Pharma Completes $35 Million Series A Preferred Stock Financing". iStreetWire. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Arno Therapeutics Completes $30.7 Million Financing, Recapitalization and 1-for-8 Reverse Stock Split " The Wall Street Journal (New York). 30 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Capricor and Nile Therapeutics Complete Merger to Form Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. ". Bloomberg. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Ail, Pallavi (1 February 2014). "Perrigo expands further into pet care with Velcera deal". Reuters. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Kite Pharma, Inc. Completes $50 Million Mezzanine Private Financing". MarketWatch. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Kite Pharma (KITE) Files $115M IPO". StreetInsider. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Kite Pharma Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering". Digital Journal. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- Dion, Don (18 June 2014). "IPO For Kite Pharma Might Fly High". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "12 US IPOs planned for the week of Jun 16". NASDAQ. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Calia, Michael (20 June 2014). "Kite Pharma Soars Above IPO Price on First Day of Trading". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Kite Pharma (KITE) IPO Surges Higher". StreetInsider. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Kolodny, Lora (7 March 2017). "Hubble raises $16.5 million to deliver affordable daily contact lenses". TechCrunch. Retrieved 20 March 2017.