Two Thousand Acres of Sky
|Two Thousand Acres of Sky|
Two Thousand Acres of Sky complete series cover.
|Developed by||BBC Drama Group
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Running time||48 minutes (season 1)
60 minutes (season 2-3)
|Original network||BBC One|
|Original release||1 January 2001 – 2003|
Two Thousand Acres of Sky was a TV drama which aired on BBC Television from 2001 to 2003. It is also syndicated in the United States on PBS. It was created and written by Timothy Prager. The Executive Producer was Adrian Bate.
In 2008, the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation created a remake of the series called Himmelblå (in English: Skyblue) taking place on the island of Ylvingen, which is the island's actual name, in the county of Nordland in northern Norway. The show has been a formidable success in Norway with 1.2 million viewers at the start of the second season, 57.2% of the total amount of viewers in Norway. The first season of Himmelblå was aired by the Swedish public broadcaster SVT and by the Icelandic public broadcaster RUV during the autumn 2009.
- Abby Wallace - played by Michelle Collins
- Kenny Marsh - played by Paul Kaye
- Alfie Wallace - played by Philip Dowling
- Charley Wallace - played by Charlotte Graham
- Mary Raeburn - played by Monica Gibb
- Douglas Raeburn - played by Michael Carter
- Alister Macleod - played by John Straiton
- Carolyn Fraser - played by Karen Westwood
- Malcolm Campbell - played by George Anton
- Colin Campbell - played by Paul Ireland
- Ida Macasaet - played by Sarah Lam
- Gordon Macphee - played by Sean Scanlan
- Marjorie McGowan - played by Elaine C. Smith
- Heather McGowan - played by Jenny Foulds
- Jerry Kennedy, a.k.a. Big Jerry - played by Andy Gray
- Little Jerry- played by Jonathyn Smith
- Dr. Talbot - played by Henry Ian Cusick
- Robbie Leonard - played by Michael Hodgson
- Hamish Raeburn - played by Gerald Lepkowski
- Angie Raeburn - played by Ashley Jensen
- Hamish & Angie's youngest daughter - played by Samantha Henderson
|Original airdate||DVD releases|
|1||6||2001||R2: 24 May 2004|
|2||8||2001–2002||R2: 13 September 2004|
|3||8||2003||R2: 27 June 2005|
|Complete series||22||–||R2: 19 September 2005|
Abby is a single mother living in London with her two children. She sees an advertisement for a family with 2 children to run a B&B on an island off Scotland called Ronansay. The islanders have posted the advert as their local school is due to close due to only 3 children attending, they need an extra 2 children to keep the school open
Abby persuades her friend Kenny to pretend to be her husband and they are successful in their application to move to the island....
Abby begins a relationship with a local fisherman, called Alistair. Kenny finds this relationship difficult as he is secretly in love with Abby. Kenny in turn begins a relationship with a local girl.
After Abby and Alistair end their relationship, Kenny invites Abby's ex-husband Robbie from London to stay. Abby and Robbie decide to give their marriage another chance, so Kenny decides to leave the island.