Two Weeks (TV series)
Promotional poster for Two Weeks
|Written by||So Hyun-kyung|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer(s)||Go Dong-sun|
|Production company(s)||JS Pictures|
|Original network||Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation|
|Original release||August 7– September 26, 2013|
Two Weeks (Hangul: 투윅스; RR: Tuwikseu) is a 2013 South Korean television series starring Lee Joon-gi, Kim So-yeon, Ryu Soo-young, Park Ha-sun, Kim Hye-ok, Jo Min-ki and Lee Chae-mi. It aired on MBC from August 7 to September 26, 2013 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
Jang Tae-san is a small-time gangster who has learned to survive with his fist and wits. He meets and falls in love with a college student, Seo In-hye, who sees a good heart and wounded soul underneath his tough exterior. When In-hye gets pregnant, Tae-san prepares to leave the gangster organization to start a life with her. But he is blackmailed by the gang boss, Moon Il-seok, who wants Tae-san to be his fall guy for an assault charge and go to prison in his place; Il-seok threatens to kill In-hye if Tae-san refuses. So Tae-san tells In-hye to get an abortion and cruelly breaks up with her, then goes off to prison for several years.
Eight years later, Tae-san is running a small pawnshop. One day, In-hye unexpectedly pays him a visit and tells him that she cut ties with her disapproving family and had the baby after all. But her daughter Soo-jin has been diagnosed with leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant. Since she isn't a match, that leaves Tae-san. Reeling from the discovery that he's a father and wanting to do something good for once in his meaningless life, Tae-san agrees to the undergo the surgery, which is scheduled to take place in two weeks. But he becomes embroiled in political intrigue when Il-seok conspires with a corrupt politician Jo Seo-hee to frame Tae-san for the murder of an undercover agent, who had infiltrated the gang under the orders of prosecutor Park Jae-kyung. Tae-san is arrested by detective Im Seung-woo, who happens to be In-hye's current fiance. While being transported, the police car he's in gets into an accident and Tae-san escapes. Now a fugitive, he is hunted by both the police and an assassin, and what ensues is two weeks of his desperate struggle to save his life and his daughter's.
- Orphaned at a young age when his father left and his mother committed suicide, Tae-san became a small-time gangster. After getting falsely accused of murder and learning that he has a daughter with leukemia, Tae-san spends the next two weeks in a life-or-death struggle to save himself and the girl.
- A smart and warmhearted prosecutor who is determined to find out the truth about Jang Tae-san's murder case. She soon becomes convinced of his innocence and tries to help him.
- A talented detective who comes from a long line of police officers in his family. He's leading the police manhunt for the fugitive Jang Tae-san, and is In-hye's current boyfriend.
- She is the first love Tae-san can't forget, and unbeknownst to him, In-hye raised their daughter Soo-jin as a single mother for eight years. After Soo-jin's leukemia diagnosis, In-hye and Tae-san embark on a race against the clock to save their daughter's life.
- Kim Hye-ok - Jo Seo-hee
- A corrupt politician.
- Jo Min-ki - Moon Il-seok
- A businessman with seemingly legit business interests, but is deep down a cruel and heartless man who will do everything to silence Jang Tae-san, who knows his secret.
- Lee Chae-mi - Seo Soo-jin
- In-hye and Tae-san's eight-year-old daughter who has leukemia. She also hopes of meeting her father someday.
- Song Jae-rim - Mr. Kim
- A professional assassin who has served in the French Foreign Legion, who is hired by his father Il-seok to kill Tae-san before he's captured by the authorities.
- Kim Hyo-seo - Park Ji-sook
- Soo-jin's doctor.
- Um Hyo-sup - Han Jung-woo
- Chief prosecutor.
- Yoon Hee-seok - Do Sang-hoon
- A prosecutor. He is Jae-kyung's senior colleague, and a Daddy-Long-Legs figure to her.
- Yeo Ui-joo - Kim Min-soo
- Jung In-gi - Yang Taek-nam
- Baek Seung-hoon - Kim Sang-ho
- Ahn Yong-joon - Jin Il-do
- Rookie cop.
- Im Se-mi - Oh Mi-sook
- A bar girl who was working undercover for Jae-kyung. She is murdered by Il-seok, and Tae-san is framed for her death.
- Park Joo-hyung - Im Hyung-jin
- Kim Bup-rae - Hwang Dae-joon
- Kim Young-choon - Jang Seok-doo
- Chun Ho-jin - Han Chi-gook
- Ahn Se-ha - Go Man-seok
- Tae-san's best friend.
- Seo-hee's son that Jae-kyung flew to Chicago in search of.
- Hyun Nam - So-young
- Nam Kyung-eup - Im Ki-ho
- Ahn Daniel - Student
- Greena Park - Woman in labor
- Go In-beom - Jae-kyung's father
- Seo Yi-sook - Deaf woman
- Chae Bin - Deaf woman's daughter
|Episode #||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|TNmS Ratings||AGB Nielsen|
|Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area||Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area|
|1||August 7, 2013||7.6%||8.7%||7.5%||8.9%|
|2||August 8, 2013||7.7%||9.2%||8.0%||9.8%|
|3||August 14, 2013||10.3%||12.8%||10.0%||12.1%|
|4||August 15, 2013||8.8%||10.5%||9.2%||11.1%|
|5||August 21, 2013||8.6%||10.9%||8.1%||9.1%|
|6||August 22, 2013||9.2%||10.4%||10.1%||12.0%|
|7||August 28, 2013||8.5%||10.7%||9.4%||10.3%|
|8||August 29, 2013||9.0%||10.4%||11.5%||13.4%|
|9||September 4, 2013||9.8%||11.4%||9.5%||10.6%|
|10||September 5, 2013||9.9%||10.8%||9.9%||11.3%|
|11||September 11, 2013||9.4%||11.1%||9.5%||10.8%|
|12||September 12, 2013||9.4%||11.2%||11.0%||12.4%|
|13||September 18, 2013||8.3%||9.7%||8.7%||10.0%|
|14||September 19, 2013||8.6%||10.4%||8.8%||9.7%|
|15||September 25, 2013||9.3%||10.5%||9.4%||10.8%|
|16||September 26, 2013||10.4%||11.9%||11.0%||12.9%|
Awards and nominations
||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Lee Joon-gi||Won|
|Excellence Award, Actress||Kim So-yeon||Won|
|Acting Award, Actor||Chun Ho-jin||Nominated|
|Best Writer||So Hyun-kyung||Won|
||Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Lee Joon-gi||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Kim So-yeon||Nominated|
|Golden Acting Award, Actor||Jo Min-ki||Nominated|
||Most Popular Actor (TV)||Lee Joon-gi||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actress (TV)||Park Ha-sun||Nominated|
- Ko, Hong-ju (June 25, 2013). "Two Weeks Holds First Script Reading with Lee Joon Gi and Park Ha Sun". enewsWorld. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Lee, Hye-ji (July 9, 2013). "Lee Joon-gi Rolls Out Teaser for New TV series". 10Asia. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- Oh, Jean (July 31, 2013). "Lee Joon-gi back in summer thriller: Hallyu star plays hero out to save daughter in Two Weeks". The Korea Herald. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "Lee Joon-gi meets Park Ha-sun". MBC Global Media. July 10, 2013. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- Lee, Hye-ji (May 7, 2013). "Lee Joon-gi Confirms TV Comeback in August". 10Asia. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Kim, Joy (May 7, 2013). "Lee Joon-gi announces his next project; it will be MBC drama Two Weeks". BNTNews. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Ko, Hong-ju (August 1, 2013). "Lee Joon Gi Says He Was Scared to Death While Shooting Two Weeks". enewsWorld. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Kim, Yeon-ji (August 13, 2013). "Lee Joon-gi surprises by playing father". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Lee Joon-gi says he grew up a lot after playing a father". The Dong-a Ilbo. October 18, 2013. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Lee, Hye-ji (May 16, 2013). "Kim So-yeon Cast in Lee Joon-gi Drama". 10Asia. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Jeon, Su-mi (June 11, 2013). "Ryu Soo Young Cast for MBC Drama Two Weeks". enewsWorld. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Ko, Hong-ju (July 31, 2013). "Park Ha Sun Says She Loves Children So Much She's Open to Adoption Too". enewsWorld. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- "TNMS Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". TNMS Ratings (in Korean). Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "AGB Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "Two Weeks 14 วัน ขอให้ฉันปกป้องหัวใจเธอ". MONO29. August 18, 2015. Thai: ภาษาไทย