Two on a Guillotine
|Two on a Guillotine|
|Directed by||William Conrad|
|Produced by||William Conrad|
|Written by||John Kneubuhl
|Music by||Max Steiner|
|Edited by||William H. Ziegler|
|Distributed by||Warner Brothers|
A prologue introduces the audience to John Harley Duquesne, a psychotic magician who accidentally beheads his wife Melinda with a guillotine during a performance. Twenty years later he dies, and his will requires his daughter Cassie (the mirror image of her mother) to spend seven nights in his apparently haunted mansion in order to inherit his estate.
Reporter Val Henderson offers to stay with her when he learns Duquesne promised to return in spirit form during Cassie's week-long vigil. As the days pass, the two encounter a number of spooky happenings, leading to a climax in which the not-really-dead Duquesne attempts a recreation of his guillotine trick, this time with his daughter as an unwilling assistant who hopefully won't lose her head.
In a climactic fight, Henderson tries to prevent Duquesne from activating the guillotine, but himself accidentally releases the catch; a dummy's head falls from the guillotine causing Duquesne to go insane thinking his daughter has been killed. Henderson rescues Cassie as the police come to arrest Duquesne.
- Connie Stevens as Cassie/Melinda Duquesne
- Dean Jones as Val Henderson
- Cesar Romero as John Harley Duquesne
- Parley Baer as Buzzy Sheridan
- Virginia Gregg as Dolly Bast
- John Hoyt as Carl Vickers
Principal production credits
The film was released via DVD on 22 June 2010.
Comic book adaption
- Two on a Guillotine DVD – Warner Bros.
- Thompson, Howard (January 14, 1965). "Two on a Guillotine (1965) Double Chop Chop". The New York Times.
- "Two on a Guillotine". TV Guide.
- Remastered Sixties Classic Two on a Guillotine Heading to DVD
- Dell Movie Classic: Two on a Guillotine' at the Grand Comics Database
- Dell Movie Classic: Two on a Guillotine at the Comic Book DB