TwonkyMedia server (TMS) is DLNA-compliant UPnP AV server software originally offered by TwonkyVision GmbH and sold by Lynx Technology. Development and support ceased October 2018 with the shutdown of Lynx Technology Germany GmbH. TMS runs on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Home Server, and Windows 7 computers as well as Android, iOS, and other mobile platforms. TwonkyMedia server can be used to share and stream media to most UPnP AV or DLNA-compliant clients, in addition to non-UPnP devices through the HTML, RSS, and JSON supported front ends. After the PacketVideo acquisition of Berlin-based TwonkyVision GmbH by 17 October 2006, Twonky was renamed PVConnect by November 2007, but the name was changed back to TwonkyMedia server by 7 January 2010. Corporate parent NTT DOCOMO sold PacketVideo NorthAmerica and Europe to Lynx Technology on 10 May 2015 and PacketVideo Japan exactly one year later on 10 May 2016 transfering the Twonky product line to Lynx, renaming TwonkyMedia Server to Twonky Server. Twonky Server was maintained all the time by the former TwonkyVision employees which worked for the German subsidiary Lynx Germany GmbH. Lynx Germany GmbH was shut down 10/2018.
- "Proof of DLNA 1.5 certification as a DMS" (PDF). dlna. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "PacketVideo Acquires TwonkyVision GmbH: Adds New Products to Accelerate Growth of Convergence Market". Business Wire. Business Wire. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Products - PVConnect". PV - Embedded Software for Multimedia Services. Archived from the original on 8 November 2007. Retrieved 8 November 2007.
- "About us - PV.COM Embedded Software for Multimedia Services". PV. Archived from the original on 18 November 2007. Retrieved 17 November 2007.
- "PacketVideo's PVConnect Software Enables Devices to Share Content with Other Home and Mobile Devices". Business Wire. Business Wire. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "TwonkyMedia Goes Mobile with Android Launch at CES". Business Wire. Business Wire. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "PacketVideo Launches TwonkyManager 2.0 and TwonkyServer 6.0". Business Wire. Business Wire. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Products - Twonky". PV Embedded Software for Multimedia Services. Retrieved 12 September 2010.[dead link]
- "Lynx Germany GmbH was shut down 10/2018". Lynx Technology. Lynx Technology. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "PacketVideo, a subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, announces acquisition of Japan Connected Home operations by Lynx Technology". Lynx Technology. Archived from the original on 9 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Home page". PV. PacketVision. Archived from the original on 2017-10-26.
- "Iomega muffs hard drive DLNA testing". The Register. March 2, 2009. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Jacobi, Jon L. (March 31, 2009). "TwonkyMedia Manager". PC World. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Hui Pan, E. (December 2009). Home Networks Monthly Newsletter. Information Gatekeepers. p. 3.