Twynholm (/ˈtwaɪnəm/ 'TWINE-um') is a village in Scotland. It is located 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) north-north west of Kirkcudbright and 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) east of Gatehouse of Fleet on the main A75 trunk road. It is in the historic county of Kirkcudbrightshire , Dumfries and Galloway.
Twynholm was also a parish from medieval times until 1975, including the neighbouring parish of Kirkchrist from 1654. The etymology of the name is uncertain. It may be from the British twyn (a bank or hillock) and the Saxon hame meaning home, or be of Scots derivation and mean "between the river banks".
- Finlay Carson (born 1967), Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) for the Galloway and West Dumfries constituency since the 2016 Scottish Parliament election, born, raised and lives in Twynholm
- David Coulthard (born 1971), former Formula One racing driver, is from Twynholm.
- Ordnance Survey. OS Maps Online (Map). 1:25,000. Leisure.
- "Twynholm". Gazetteer for Scotland. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Twynholm". Undiscovered Scotland. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Search results for twynholm". Scotland's Places. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Gordon, Rev. John "The Parish of Twynholm" in The New Statistical Account of Scotland: Dumfries, Kirkcudbright, Wigton (1845) W. Blackwood and Sons. Page 37. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Blackie, Christina (1876) Etymological Geography Daldy, Isbister, & Company. Page 89. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Historic Environment Scotland. "Twynholm Parish Church, (Church of Scotland), and Graveyard (Category B) (LB16986)". Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- Historic Environment Scotland. "Cumstoun Castle (SM8263)". Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Finlay Carson launches Holyrood campaign". 29 March 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "Draught guidance: a kilt need underwear". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Drivers: David Coulthard". GrandPrix.com. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Twynholm.|
|This Dumfries and Galloway location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|