|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 7th district
|Preceded by||Peter DeVries (D)|
September 23, 1969 |
El Dorado, Kansas
Ty Masterson (born September 23, 1969) is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 16th District since 2009. From 2005 to 2008, he was a Representative in the Kansas House of Representatives. He lives in Andover and has served on the Andover City Council.
In 2011, Masterson filed for bankruptcy. At the time, he owed Corner Bank $209,000 and Emprise Bank $53,890 in commercial loans and had over $160,000 in revolving credit card debt.
- Federal and State Affairs
- Public Health and Welfare
Some of the top contributors to Masterson's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
- Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee, 4th District Republican Committee, Kansas Chamber of Commerce, Kansas Realtors Association, Kansas Medical Society, Kansas Independent Business PAC, Cox Communications, Wichita Area Business PAC
Financial, insurance and real estate companies were his largest donor groups.
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Sylvester, Ron. "Andover state senator files for bankruptcy". The Wichita Eagle.
- Profile from the Kansas Legislature
- Ty Masterson 2008 campaign contributions