T. N. Venkataramana
|T. N. Venkataramana|
|Fields||Algebraic groups, automorphic forms in mathematics|
|Institutions||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|
|Alma mater||Bombay University|
|Notable awards||Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology|
He was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology in 2001, the highest science award in India, in the mathematical sciences category. Venkataramana's first major work was the extension of G A Margulis's work to the case of groups in positive characteristics; this earlier work was one of the most important achievements that led to Margulis being awarded the Fields medal in 1979. 
- Young Scientist Award (1990)
- Birla Award (2000)
- ICTP Prize (2000)
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, 2004
- Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, 2012
- "Indian Fellow: Professor T N Venkitaramana". Indian National Science Academy. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "ICTP Prize Winners 2000". Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-09-01.
|This article about an Indian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|