Every Connection Counts
|Traded as||NYSE: TEL
S&P 500 Component
|Headquarters||Schaffhausen, Switzerland (incorporation)
Berwyn, Pennsylvania (executive)
|Tom Lynch, CEO|
|Products||Electronics, Electronic Components, Networking|
|Revenue||USD $11.89 billion (Fiscal 2015)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
TE Connectivity Ltd, formerly Tyco Electronics Ltd, designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial equipment, data communication systems, aerospace, defense, oil and gas, consumer electronics, energy and subsea communications. The company serves customers in more than 150 countries.
In 1999, Tyco International acquired American electronics connector manufacturer AMP Incorporated. In 1941, Aircraft Marine Products was founded, then in 1956 the name was changed to AMP Incorporated when it incorporated.
In July 2007, Tyco separated into three publicly independent companies: Covidien Ltd (formerly Tyco Healthcare), Tyco Electronics Ltd, Tyco International Ltd (formerly Tyco Fire & Security and Tyco Engineered Products & Services (TFS/TEPS)).
On March 10, 2011, Tyco Electronics Ltd changed its name to TE Connectivity, which the company says it feels is more relevant to its position as a connectivity and sensor component manufacturer.
As an independent company, TE Connectivity operates through three major segments:
- Transportation Solutions (50%)
- Industrial Solutions (28%)
- Communications Solutions (22%)
In 2016, the company had 72,000 employees operating in almost 50 countries.
Sales by region (as of 2015[update]) were: Europe/Middle East/Africa (35%), Americas (30%), Asia—Pacific (35%).
- Peter Key (15 September 2011), "TE Connectivity cutting 660 jobs worldwide, six in Berwyn", Philadelphia Business Journal, American City Business Journals, archived from the original on 16 September 2011, retrieved 16 September 2011
- "#498 TE Connectivity". Forbes. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- Tyco Completes Acquisition of AMP; NY Times; April 6, 1999.
- AMP Incorporated - History; Funding Universe.
- AMP Incorporated; Profile of the European Connector Industry; 6th Ed; 1995; ISBN 1-85617-254-6.
- Tyco History
- "Tyco Electronics Is Now TE Connectivity Ltd." (Press release). TE Connectivity. 10 March 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- Seth Jayson (26 February 2011), Does Tyco Electronics Miss the Grade?, The Motley Fool