Tygart Creek near Mineral Wells in 2010
|- location||south of Rockport|
|- elevation||923 ft (281 m) |
|Mouth||Little Kanawha River|
|- location||north of Mineral Wells|
|- elevation||587 ft (179 m) |
|- coordinates||Coordinates: |
|Length||14.5 mi (23 km)|
|Basin||51 sq mi (132 km2)|
Tygart Creek is a tributary of the Little Kanawha River, 14.5 miles (23.3 km) long, in western West Virginia in the United States. Via the Little Kanawha and Ohio rivers, it is part of the watershed of the Mississippi River, draining an area of 51 square miles (130 km2) on the unglaciated portion of the Allegheny Plateau.
Tygart Creek flows for its entire length in southern Wood County. It rises south of Rockport and flows generally northward through Rockport and Mineral Wells. It flows into the Little Kanawha River from the south, approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) north of Mineral Wells, and approximately 6.7 miles (10.8 km) upstream of the Little Kanawha River's mouth in Parkersburg.
According to the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection, approximately 71% of the Tygart Creek watershed is forested, mostly deciduous. Approximately 28% is used for pasture and agriculture.
- Google Earth elevation for GNIS source coordinates. Retrieved on 2011-03-07.
- Geographic Names Information System. "Geographic Names Information System entry for Tygart Creek (Feature ID #1548441)". Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. "Watershed Assessment, Tracking & Environmental Results: Assessment Summary for Reporting Year 2008, West Virginia, Little Kanawha Watershed". Archived from the original on 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection. "Little Kanawha River". Watershed Atlas Project. Archived from the original on 2006-05-07. Retrieved 2011-10-12. External link in
- West Virginia Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Me.: DeLorme. 1997. p. 33. ISBN 0-89933-246-3.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, retrieved 2011-03-11.