Lindzi James Tyger Drew-Honey (born 26 January 1996), known professionally as Tyger Drew-Honey, is an English actor, musician and television presenter. He is best known for his role as Jake Brockman in the British sitcom Outnumbered.
Drew-Honey was educated at Danes Hill School, a junior independent school in the village of Oxshott in Surrey, followed by Epsom College, a senior boarding independent school in the town of Epsom (also in Surrey).
Acting and presenting
Between 2007 and 2014, Drew-Honey played Jake Brockman in the British sitcom Outnumbered. He was nominated for Best Male Newcomer at the 2009 British Comedy Awards for his role in Outnumbered but lost to Charlie Brooker. Other roles have included The Armstrong and Miller Show and Doctors. He co-presented the CBBC series Friday Download from 2011 to 2012. He played Mr. Lovett in The Ministry of Curious Stuff for CBBC and Dylan in the BBC Three sitcom Cuckoo.
He has done more than 200 voiceovers for television and radio, including for Red Bull and Dell, and was the voice of Lester Large in the children's animated series The Large Family. He starred as Stuck-Up Steve in Horrid Henry: The Movie (2011). He was a presenter on the CBBC show Friday Download and has appeared on shows including The One Show, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, and Children in Need. In 2014, he started presenting his own documentary series on BBC Three, entitled Tyger Takes On..., presenting on pornography, the "perfect body", and love.
In October 2011, Drew-Honey and his co-stars from Outnumbered, Daniel Roche and Ramona Marquez, covered "(Theme From) The Monkees" to raise funds for the BBC charity campaign Children in Need. A music video featuring them performing the song on the set of Outnumbered appeared on the Children in Need programme and was released on YouTube in November 2011. Drew-Honey is an accomplished drummer, having started playing at the age of seven, and also plays guitar and keyboards.
|2011||Horrid Henry: The Movie||Stuck-Up Steve|
|2015||Up All Night||Caleb|
|2006||Large Family, TheThe Large Family||Lester Large||Series 2|
|2007–2010||Armstrong and Miller Show, TheThe Armstrong and Miller Show||Various characters||Series 1–3|
|2007–2014 2016||Outnumbered||Jake Brockman|
|2009||Doctors||Tom Barry||Episode: "Much Ado About Something"|
|2011–2013||Friday Download||Himself||Presenter of one segment|
|2012||The Magicians||Himself||1 episode|
|Threesome||Chris Silverson||1 episode|
|2012–||Cuckoo||Dylan Thompson||Series 1 and 2|
|2012–2013||The Ministry of Curious Stuff||Mr. Lovett||Series 1 and 2|
|2014||Midsomer Murders||Ferdy Linklater||1 episode|
|Sweat the Small Stuff||Himself||Series 3 Episode 7|
|Tyger Takes On...||Himself||Series Lead, 5 episodes.|
|Virtually Famous||Himself||Series 1 Episode 1|
|2015||Death in Paradise||Ryan Davison||Episode 4.3|
|24 Hours in the Past||Himself, contributor||BBC reality series|
|2010||All the Blood in My Veins||Paolo||BBC Radio 4|
|2012||Mr. Blue Sky||Robbie Easter||BBC Radio 4|
- "BBC - Tyger Drew-Honey plays Jake Brockman - Media centre". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Tyger, tyger burning bright in new sitcom". Surrey Comet. 30 August 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Porn to be a star". Wimbledon Guardian. 6 September 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- Nathanson, Hannah (26 August 2011). "Tyger Drew-Honey's My London". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Wightman, Catriona (15 May 2014). "Outnumbered star Tyger Drew-Honey: 12 things I know about porn - TV Feature - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Outnumbered characters". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 7 September 2007.
- "BBC Three - BBC Three Trails, Trail: Tyger Takes On Porn, The Pefect Body & Love". bbc.co.uk.
- "About Tyger". tygerdrew-honey.com.
- "Radio 4 Programmes - Afternoon Play, Children in Need: All the Blood in My Veins". BBC. 18 November 2010. Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- "BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Mr Blue Sky, Series 2, Good Luck!". BBC. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tyger Drew-Honey.|