Anderson pitching for the Colorado Rockies in 2016
|Colorado Rockies – No. 44|
December 30, 1989 |
Las Vegas, Nevada
|June 12, 2016, for the Colorado Rockies|
(through April 24, 2017)
|Earned run average||4.19|
Anderson attended Spring Valley High School in Las Vegas, Nevada. While serving as the assistant coach for the Oregon Ducks baseball team, Andrew Checketts discovered Anderson while pitching against a rival high school. The Minnesota Twins selected Anderson in the 50th round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft, but he did not sign.
Anderson enrolled at the University of Oregon, and played college baseball for the Ducks. In 2011, Anderson's junior year, Louisville Slugger named Anderson a Second Team All-American. In three seasons, Anderson became the Ducks' all-time leader in strikeouts with 285.
After pitching for the Asheville Tourists of the South Atlantic League (SAL) in 2012, Anderson was named a SAL Post-Season All-Star. Prior to the 2013 season, MLB named him the 6th best prospect in the Rockies system. He suffered a stress fracture in his elbow in 2013, and the Rockies have him on a strict pitch limit in 2014. Pitching for the Tulsa Drillers of the Class AA Texas League in 2014, Anderson had a 2.08 earned run average and 100 strikeouts in 112 1⁄3 innings pitched and was named the Texas League Pitcher of the Year. He was added to the Rockies' 40-man roster on November 20, 2014.
On June 11, 2016, the Rockies called up Anderson and placed McGee on a DL. He later made his MLB debut the following day.
- "Friday's start likely will be Oregon ace Tyler Anderson's last for the Ducks". OregonLive.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Spring Valley High grad Tyler Anderson expected to go in first round of baseball draft". LasVegasSun.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Oregon's Tyler Anderson named 2nd-team All-American". OregonLive.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Colorado Rockies draft Oregon pitcher". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Rockies select left-handed pitcher Tyler Anderson, infielder Trevor Story on the first day of the 2011 MLB First-Year Player Draft". Colorado Rockies. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Tyler Anderson Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | Asheville Tourists Stats". Milb.com. December 30, 1989. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "Colorado Rockies' Tyler Anderson deals well with change - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Tulsa Drillers' Tyler Anderson earns Texas League honors - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Rockies add Tyler Anderson to 40-man roster; designate Juan Nicasio". DenverPost.com. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Tyler Anderson, Rockies pitching prospect, still battling elbow problems". denverpost.com. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- "Tyler Anderson, Rockies prospect, not throwing yet". On the Rox. Retrieved May 2, 2015.