||This article needs to be updated. (December 2016)|
|San Francisco Giants – No. 32|
May 23, 1993 |
Tyler Joseph Beede (born May 23, 1993) is an American professional baseball pitcher in the San Francisco Giants organization. He played college baseball at Vanderbilt. He was drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2014 Major League Baseball Draft.
Beede was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the first round of the 2011 Major League Baseball Draft out of Lawrence Academy at Groton in Groton, Massachusetts. However, he decided not to sign and instead attended Vanderbilt University. He was the only first round pick that year not to sign. He is close friends with fellow former Vanderbilt baseball player Rhett Wiseman.
As a freshman in 2012, Beede went 1–5 with a 4.52 earned run average (ERA) and 68 strikeouts. He was named to the All-SEC freshman team. Beede started his sophomore season in 2013 winning his first 14 starts. He finished the season 14–1 with a 2.32 ERA and 103 strikeouts. He was a finalist for the Golden Spikes Award and Dick Howser Trophy. After the season, he was selected by USA Baseball to play for the United States collegiate national team during the summer. As a junior in 2014 he was 8–8 with a 4.04 ERA and 116 strikeouts and helped Vanderbilt win the College World Series.
- "Blue Jays take hard-throwing Beede at No. 21". Mlb.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Hall, Brendan. "For Beede, no regrets on decision to spurn". Espn.go.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Blue Jays pick Tyler Beede is only first-rounder not to sign". Hardballtalk.nbcsports.com. August 16, 2011. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Wiseman likely to honor Vandy commitment", ESPN
- "Auburn's Tyler Beede Vanderbilt ace". Telegram.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Two Commodores earn All-SEC baseball honors". Nashvillecitypaper.com. May 29, 2012. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Vanderbilt beats Mississippi State, gets Tyler Beede to 11–0". Tennessean.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Vanderbilt's Tyler Beede off to perfect start". Tennessean.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Beede named Golden Spikes finalist". vucommodores.com. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Beede, Kemp named Howser Trophy Finalists". vucommodores.com. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Vanderbilt pitcher Tyler Beede named to Team USA Baseball". Blogs.tennessean.com. April 25, 2013. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Top pick Beede proven big-game pitcher in college". San Francisco Giants. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Vanderbilt Commodores bio
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|