Clutts in the 2011 NFL season.
|No. 44 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||November 9, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Vallejo, California|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Clovis (CA)|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013
|Stats at NFL.com|
Tyler Clutts (born November 9, 1984) is an American football fullback for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He played college football at Fresno State, where he also played defensive end and recorded 23 ½ sacks.
Sacramento Mountain Lions
Clutts was signed to a future contract by the Cleveland Browns on January 5, 2011. During the preseason finale against the Bears, Clutts attracted interest from Bears special teams coordinator Dave Toub, who felt that Clutts would be a decent addition to the team, which would lead to his signing with the Bears.
He was signed by the Chicago Bears from the Cleveland Brown's practice squad on September 7, 2011 to a three-year deal. When long snapper Patrick Mannelly went down with an injury against the San Diego Chargers, Clutts filled in his role until the arrival of Chris Massey. Clutts was eventually in the running for a spot on the NFC team for the 2012 Pro Bowl, but ultimately did not make it.
- "Bears sign former Browns fullback Clutts - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Clutts hoping to find home at fullback for Bears - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2011-09-08. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Clutts enjoying life as an NFL player". Chicagobears.com. 2011-10-31. Archived from the original on 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "What do coaches like about Clutts". Chicagobears.com. 2011-09-14. Archived from the original on 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Chicago Bears sign FB Tyler Clutts to three-year contract - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN". Msn.foxsports.com. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Tyler Clutts clutch as fill-in long snapper - Chicago Sun-Times". Suntimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Nine Bears in Pro Bowl running". Chicagobears.com. Archived from the original on 2011-12-10. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears reach 53-man roster limit". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Nogle, Kevin (2013-10-01). "Dolphins waive Tyler Clutts, Kelcie McCray". thephinsider.com. Retrieved 2013-12-02.