Gillett at Lincoln Center, August 21st 2019.
Tyler Gillett is an American film director, cinematographer, writer and producer. A co-creator of the filmmaking collective Radio Silence, Gillett co-directed the 2014 Twentieth Century Fox film Devil's Due. He was also featured in the 158th episode of the podcast Reply All.
Early life and education
Gillett began his film career in the camera department on the Will Ferrell movie Semi-Pro. After working as a camera loader, operator and then DP, he began directing short films with comedians from The Groundlings and Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, and later directed, produced and edited the series Domesticating, Funny in Love and Books, for Fremantle Media.
Chad, Matt & Rob
In 2009, Gillett began working with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Chad Villella as part of the collective Chad, Matt & Rob. Gillett co-directed, co-produced, co-wrote, co-edited and worked as cinematographer on three interactive adventure shorts – The Birthday Party, The Teleporter and The Treasure Hunt – as well as the found footage horror short Mountain Devil Prank Fails Horribly. The group became known for their signature style, which blended adventure, comedy, sci-fi and horror, and received nearly 100,000,000 views online.
After the dissolution of Chad, Matt & Rob, Gillett formed Radio Silence with Bettinelli-Olpin, Villella and Justin Martinez. The group co-directed the "10/31/98" segment of the horror feature film V/H/S. V/H/S premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, where it was acquired by Magnolia Pictures, and released theatrically on October 5, 2012.
With Bettinelli-Olpin, Gillett directed Devil's Due, a 2014 horror feature film from Twentieth Century Fox and Davis Entertainment. Their film Southbound premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival and was released theatrically by the Orchard on February 5, 2016. 
In 2019, Gillett co-directed the well-reviewed comedic thriller Ready or Not with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin for Fox Searchlight, starring Samara Weaving, Adam Brody, Andie MacDowell, and Mark O'Brien.
In March 2020, it was announced that Gillett will co-direct the fifth installment of the Scream franchise, alongside Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, with Kevin Williamson serving as executive producer. The film will be released sometime in 2021.
|Chad, Matt & Rob||2011||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ready or Not||2019||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
- "UA News".
- The Bitter Script Reader. "Tyler Gillett & Joel Church-Cooper's "Domesticating"". Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- The Bitter Script Reader. "Tyler Gillett on "Books" – from TV pilot to webseries". 11 December 2011.
- "The Birthday Party: A Chad, Matt & Rob Interactive Adventure!". YouTube. January 15, 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "The Teleporter: Chad, Matt & Rob Interactive Mini-Adventures!". YouTube. November 21, 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "The Treasure Hunt: A Chad, Matt & Rob Interactive Adventure!". YouTube. January 26, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Mountain Devil Prank Fails Horribly". YouTube. April 22, 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- The Bitter Script Reader. "The Chad, Matt & Rob Interview: Part I – Breaking out on the web". Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- Vespe, Eric. "Quint thinks V/H/S, a found footage horror anthology, is the first great horror flick to screen at Sundance 2012!". Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Hanley, Ken W. (August 6, 2013). "First Generation "V/H/S": Radio Silence". Diabolique.
- Zeitchik, Steven (October 13, 2011). "Wingard, West headline new Bloody Disgusting film". Los Angeles Times.
- Miska, Brad. "Our Film 'V/H/S' Will Premiere at Sundance 2012, First Look!". Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- Barnes, Brooks (December 1, 2011). "Delusional Teenagers and Other Sundance Offerings". The New York Times.
- Lowe, Justin (January 27, 2012). "V/H/S: Sundance Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Miller, Daniel; Jay A. Fernandez (January 26, 2012). "Sundance 2012: Magnolia Pictures Acquiring Horror Flick 'V/H/S' for North of $1 Million (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Dickson, Evan. "First Theatrical Dates And Locations For 'V/H/S' Announced". Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- Alexander, Bryan (October 19, 2013). "First Look: 'Devil's Due' poster shows bad pregnancy". USA Today.
- Zimmerman, Samuel. "New film from "V/H/S" standouts Radio Silence gets date". Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- Sneider, Jeff (2015-10-8) The Wrap http://www.thewrap.com/the-orchard-buys-anthology-horror-movie-southbound-after-toronto-debut/
- Erbland, Kate. "Toronto International Film Festival Reveals Midnight Madness and Vanguard Slate".
- Miska, Brad (October 18, 2018). "Adam Brody Joins Samara Weaving In Radio Silence's 'Ready or Not'". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Gemmill, Allie (March 12, 2020). "'Scream 5' Scores 'Ready or Not' Team Radio Silence to Direct (& Scare Us Silly)". Collider. Archived from the original on April 29, 2020. Retrieved March 15, 2020.
- Kroll, Justin (June 24, 2020). "New Scream Movie From Spyglass Media Will Be Released by Paramount (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 24, 2020.