Tyler Hubbard (left) and Brian Kelley (right) at a Walmart interview
|Birth name||Tyler Reed Hubbard|
|Born||January 31, 1987|
|Origin||Monroe, Georgia, United States|
Tyler Reed Hubbard (born January 31, 1987) is an American musician, best known as a member of the Nashville-based duo Florida Georgia Line. Hubbard, a native of Monroe, Georgia, had been involved with music since a young age. He moved to Nashville to begin school at Belmont University, where he met Brian Kelley, the other member of Florida Georgia Line.
Hubbard, first of three children, was born on January 31, 1987 in Monroe, Georgia and is the son of Roy and Amy Hubbard. He spent most of his time on dirt bikes or playing whatever sport was in season. He was very involved at church and would go multiple times a week. By the time he was in high school, he was leading the worship service at church and spending his free time making hip-hop/rap beats with his friends and learning to play the guitar. Hubbard graduated from high school at Loganville Christian Academy in 2005 and went on to study at Belmont University. In 2007, Hubbard's father was killed in a helicopter accident near his hometown.
Florida Georgia Line (2010–present)
Hubbard was introduced to Brian Kelley at Belmont University in 2007 by a mutual friend in a campus worship group. The two became great friends and began writing songs and playing guitar together. The two began playing writers rounds throughout Nashville, as well as selling out shows at local venues. In 2009, the duo decided they wanted to pursue music as a career and they started playing shows throughout the south. In 2010, they recorded and digitally distributed their first EP, Anything Like Me. Shortly after they were discovered at a county fair by Nickelback's producer, Joey Moi. After writing and polishing songs for some time, the duo released their second EP It'z Just What We Do in 2012. Major labels became interested when their debut single, "Cruise", first aired on satellite radio on "The Highway" channel and it began selling well on iTunes, leading to a deal with Republic Nashville/Big Machine Label Group.
In the fall of 2011, Hubbard signed a publishing deal with Big Loud Shirt.
The duo released their first studio album, Here's to the Good Times, on December 4, 2012 on Republic Nashville. The album was the sixth best selling album of 2013. "Cruise", the first single on the album, reached number 1 on the Country Airplay chart dated December 15, 2012. A remix of "Cruise" featuring Nelly later hit number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song is also the best selling country digital song of all time, with sales over 7 million, and it spent 24 weeks at number 1 on Hot Country songs. The other singles from this album include "Get Your Shine On", "Round Here", "Stay", and "This Is How We Roll".
In February 2014, Hubbard sustained a back injury in a dirt bike accident.
Florida Georgia Line's second studio album is Anything Goes, and was released on October 14, 2014. The album's first single, "Dirt",was released on July 8, 2014. Other singles from the album include "Sun Daze", "Sippin' On Fire", "Anything Goes" and "Confession".
Tree Vibez Music (2015–present)
In 2015, Hubbard and Kelley started their own artist development and music publishing company called Tree Vibez Music. Since the company began, they have signed writer Jordan Schmidt, writer Jimmie Deeghan, and writer/artist Drew Castle.
Hubbard & Hayley Stommel began dating in 2013, and their relationship became public knowledge later that year. On September 22, 2014, Hubbard proposed during a helicopter ride. They were married in Idaho on July 1, 2015. On June 7, 2017 they announced they were expecting their first child together. A baby boy. Later on they were to find out initial blood test were incorrect and in fact they were expecting a baby girl.
- "About". Florida Georgia Line. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Tyler Hubbard". Big Loud Shirt. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Facts". Florida Georgia Line Net. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- Black, Lauren. "An In-Depth Look at Florida Georgia Line". Answers.com. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Parker, Eric T. "Florida Georgia Line Signs to Republic Nashville/BMLG". MusicRow. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Country Airplay Week of December 15, 2012". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Wyland, Sarah. "Florida Georgia Line Announces Deluxe Edition of Debut jAlbum". Great American Country. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line Recovering from Back Injury Sustained in Dirt Bike Crash". Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Howell, Coti. "Florida Georgia Line Prove ‘Anything Goes’ on ‘GMA,’ Announce New Album". Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Florida Georgia Line Members Launch Music Publishing Company". MusicRow.com. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Florida Georgia Line Signs Two To Tree Vibez Music". MusicRow.com. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tyler Hubbard.|