Tyler Larsen with his wife Samantha
|No. 69 – Carolina Panthers|
|Born:||July 8, 1991|
Salt Lake City, Utah
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||325 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Jordan (Sandy, Utah)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Tyler Larsen (born July 8, 1991) is an American football center for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Utah State. He signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
Larsen attended Jordan High School in Sandy, Utah, where he played both offensive and defensive line. He earned first-team all-state and second-team all-region honors after recording 27 tackles, including six sacks as well as six fumble recoveries with four going for touchdowns as a senior. He helped lead the Beetdiggers to the state playoffs all four seasons, finishing career with 96 tackles, 16 sacks, 12 fumble recoveries, including four touchdowns.
Larsen attended Utah State University and played for the Aggies from 2009 to 2013. As a freshman, he played in the first two games of the season before sustaining a season-ending knee injury and was awarded a medical redshirt season. Returning in 2010, Larsen would go on to start 52 consecutive games at center for the Aggies, earning himself first-team All-WAC honors twice (2011, 2012) and first-team All-MWC in his final season. Larsen also made the watch lists for each the Rimington Trophy and the Outland Trophy his final 2 years (2012, 2013), and was nominated as a finalist for the Rimington Trophy in 2013.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 4 in
|31 1⁄2 in
|9 1⁄4 in
|4.70 s||8.22 s||23 1⁄2 in
|8 ft 6 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Carolina Panthers signed Larsen to a futures contract on January 12, 2016. He was released on October 8, 2016 and re-signed to the practice squad on October 11. He was promoted back to the active roster on November 4, 2016. On November 4, 2016, Larsen had his first career start at center against the Seattle Seahawks after Ryan Kalil and Gino Gradkowski both suffered injuries. He finished the 2016 season as the Panthers' starting center.
In 2017, Larsen played in 14 games with 10 starts at center in place of the injured Ryan Kalil.
On August 8, 2018, Larsen signed a two-year contract extension with the Panthers through the 2020 season.
- "Utah State Player Bio". Utah State University. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Tyler Larsen - Yahoo Sports
- Michelle Pelini. "2013 Rimington Trophy Finalists". Rimington Trophy. Rimington Trophy. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "2013 Outland Trophy watch list unveiled". SportsWriters.net. Football Writers Association of America. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "Utah State's Tyler Larsen, Nevin Lawson doing well during Senior Bowl week". Salt Lake City Tribune. January 24, 2014.
- "NFL Draft - 2014 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com". cbssports.com. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Tyler Larsen". nfl.com. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Beasley, Adam (August 26, 2014). "Brady Quinn among 8 players released by Miami Dolphins". MiamiHerald.com. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- Walker, Andrew (February 10, 2015). "Redskins Sign Offensive Linemen Larsen, Nsekhe". Redskins.com. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "9/5: Redskins Make Roster Moves". Redskins.com. September 5, 2015. Archived from the original on September 8, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Panthers sign seventh to future contract". Panthers.com. January 12, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- "Panthers Activate OL Chris Scott, Waive G Tyler Larsen".
- "Panthers make practice squad move". Panthers.com. October 12, 2016. Archived from the original on October 15, 2016.
- "Panthers Promote G Tyler Larsen, Waive TE Scott Simonson". November 4, 2016.
- Strickland, Bryan (August 8, 2018). "Tyler Larsen signs two-year contract extension". Panthers.com.
- Poupart, Alain (May 19, 2014). "Tyler Larsen Looking To Be Center Of Attention". MiamiDolphins.com. Retrieved February 10, 2015.