Lydon playing for Syracuse
|No. 20 – Denver Nuggets|
|Born||April 9, 1996|
Hudson, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|NBA draft||2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24th overall|
|Selected by the Utah Jazz|
|2017||→Rio Grande Valley Vipers|
|2019||→Capital City Go-Go|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Tyler Robert Lydon (born April 9, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Denver Nuggets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Syracuse Orange.
High School career
Lydon attended Stissing Mountain High School in Pine Plains, New York, then spent a prep year at New Hampton School in New Hampton, New Hampshire. He committed to Syracuse University to play college basketball.
As a freshman at Syracuse, Lydon averaged 10.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game. As a sophomore, he averaged 13.2 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game. After the season, he entered the 2017 NBA draft.
Denver Nuggets (2017–present)
In the 2017 NBA Draft, Lydon was selected by the Utah Jazz with the 24th pick in the first round, and was subsequently traded to the Denver Nuggets shortly after being selected. Lydon was assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA G League on October 23, 2017, before being recalled back to the Nuggets on November 8th. On March 3, 2019, Lydon was assigned to the Capital City Go-Go.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
NBA G League
|2017–18||Rio Grande Valley||15||13||31.3||.529||.377||.789||8.3||2.1||1.1||.5||12.8|
- "Tyler Lydon, former Stissing Mountain High School student, leaving Syracuse for NBA draft". The Daily Freeman. March 22, 2017. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- Syracuse basketball recruit Tyler Lydon a confessed country boy spurred by competition
- 'Shoeless' Tyler Lydon comes of age for Syracuse
- Tyler Lydon could become Orange's next star
- Syracuse wing Tyler Lydon declares for NBA draft
- With NBA within reach, friends say Tyler Lydon won't change
- "Denver Nuggets Assign Lydon/Transfer Craig, Morris to G League". NBA.com. October 23, 2017. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- Gross, Gordon (November 8, 2017). "Tyler Lydon recalled from the G League". denverstiffs.com. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "We have assigned Tyler Lydon to the Capital City Go-Go of the G League". Denver Nuggets on Twitter. March 3, 2019. Retrieved March 10, 2019.