Tyler Mitchell (photographer)
Tyler Mitchell is an American photographer who was the first black photographer to shoot the cover of Vogue Magazine. He was also one of the youngest photographers to do so when he photographed Beyonce for the September, 2018 issue, aged 23. Raised in Marietta, Georgia, he bought his first camera, a Digital SLR Canon, in ninth grade. He got his start in the industry shooting music videos for indie rapper Kevin Abstract while at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. He has shot for Marc Jacobs, Converse and Vogue. He shot model Aweng Chuol in June 2018, took pictures of the students from the Parkland Shooting for Teen Vogue in April 2018 and shot pictures of Ashton Sanders, among others. He self published a book of photos called El Paquete of pictures he took of the skateboard scene and architecture in Havana.
- "Tyler Mitchell: The story of Beyonce's Vogue cover". CNN Style. 2018-08-11. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- Zara, Janelle (2018-08-09). "Tyler Mitchell: the photographer who made history with Beyoncé". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Meet Tyler Mitchell, the Photographer Who Shot Beyoncé For Vogue's September Issue". Vogue. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- Marine, Michael Beckert,Brooke. "A Deeper Look at Tyler Mitchell, the First Black Photographer to Shoot the Cover of Vogue". W Magazine. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Who Is Tyler Mitchell? 8 Facts About the 23-Year-Old Who Photographed Beyoncé". Cosmopolitan. 2018-08-06. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (August 2018)