Tyler Moore (baseball)
Moore with the Washington Nationals
|Left fielder / First baseman|
January 30, 1987 |
|April 29, 2012, for the Washington Nationals|
(through 2015 season)
|Runs batted in||91|
Tyler Michael Moore (born January 30, 1987) is an American professional baseball left fielder and first baseman for the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Washington Nationals.
Moore was drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 16th round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft out of the Mississippi State University. Moore was drafted two times previously, both by the Nationals.
He was assigned to Low-A Vermont that season, where he had a .200 batting average in 71 games with the club. He struck out 66 times, compared to only 13 walks. He only hit 6 home runs, despite the high K/BB ratio. He still earned a promotion for the next season, 2009, playing with Single-A Hagerstown. He played in 111 games with a .297 batting average, his highest to date. He struck out an average of once a game, and had 87 RBI. His improved K/BB ratio earned him a promotion, this time to Double-A Harrisburg. 2010 was his breakout season, playing in 129 games with a .269 average. He didn't decrease his K/BB ratio, but he did hit 31 home runs as a response. He also had 111 RBI and an .873 OPS. This earned him the Nationals' 2010 Minor League Player of the Year. He played 2011 with Triple-A Syracuse, where he hit .270 in 137 games. He had 31 home runs again, but his RBI total decreased, and his K/BB ratio increased.
Moore was added to the Nationals' 40 man roster on November 18, 2011.
On April 29, 2012, Moore was recalled to Washington when Mark DeRosa was placed on the 15-day DL. Moore was hitting .286 with 7 HR and 20 RBI in 22 games with Triple-A Syracuse. On June 13, 2012, during a game against the Toronto Blue Jays, Tyler Moore hit his first two home runs of his Major League career and 5 RBI.
- Osterman, Zachary (June 6, 2008). "Nationals pleased with Draft outcome". MLB.com. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Nationals name Tyler Moore Minor League Player of the Year, Tom Milone Minor League Pitcher of the Year". MLB.com. September 27, 2010. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Tyler Moore Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Nationals add five players to 40-man roster". MLB.com. November 18, 2011. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Aderhold, Nathan (April 29, 2012). "Nationals Call Up Tyler Moore; Mark DeRosa to DL". MLB Daily Dish.
- Kilgore, Adam (June 13, 2012). "Nationals vs. Blue Jays: Tyler Moore powers Washington to sixth straight win". The Washington Post. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- Wagner, James (March 25, 2016). "Nationals outright Tyler Moore to Class AAA Syracuse". Washington Post. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- "Braves acquire Tyler Moore from Nationals in exchange for Nate Freiman". ESPN.com. Associated Press. March 27, 2016. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- Todd, Jeff (December 14, 2016). "Minor MLB Transactions: 12/14/16". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved December 18, 2016.